We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

But I can't display it because I am not on any of the social media networks i.e. Facebook or Twitter.

I did take a photo of it on my car so if you have any suggestions of how and where I can post it on the TA website, please advise!

Ron S.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

Did you receive an e-mail asking for a picture? If so, my e-mail say's to reply to that e-mail OR post it on the social media sites.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

There is a follow up promo email being sent to people (some or all, I don't know) suggesting they post a picture of them using the magnet, along with the hashtag #tamagnet with the teaser they might send you more stuff.

To the OP, I'm afraid if you don't participate in social media, you wet joint be able to participate in this promotion.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

In the body (photo) of today's promo e-mail it says: 'Just reply to this e-mail with your photo or post on Twitter or Facebook using #tamagnet' Then in the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail it says: 'Please do not reply directly to this email. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.'

Not sure which is correct?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

TA are rather good at telling people to reply to emails that are sent form addresses that don't accept replies and not providing any instructions on how to send replies.

In this case not being able to reply is not very important but in other cases it is.

Newton...
Level Contributor
303 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

"Then in the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail it says: 'Please do not reply directly to this email. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.' Not sure which is correct?"

Well, that's embarrassing :-).

99.99% of the emails we send out do not accept replies, which is why our standard footer asks that you not reply directly to the email. In this case, however, we made some changes so that we can accept replies to that particular message. So, please ignore the footer and send in your photos!

I should mention, however, that when I tested replying to the email I got a bounce message saying that the inbox on our end was full. I spoke to the folks who are on the receiving end of your photos and they are looking into it. By the time you read this, the issue will probably be resolved.

Thanks!

Dan

TA Email Group

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

Thanks, Dan! Now that you're on the case I'm sure it will get sorted out. :o)

A T
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

#TAMAGNET

Love my car magnet. Gives me people the chance to ask what it's about. I then get to fill them in on TripAdvisor for hotel, resort or restaurant reviews. I tell people how it's more honest than some that "pay" to get better ratings & to always google reviews when in doubt. TripAdvisor rocks!

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

I have a picture with the magnet but I lost the correct e-mail address also - can you please share it with me.

thanks

David N Cook

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

How car magnet help me?

How it usefull for me?

Any Advantage of car magnet to me?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,404 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanks for the TA car Magnet, I love it!

This maybe of assistance

http://sciencewithme.com/learn-about-magnets/

Otherwise, you could simply accept it as a gesture/token of appreciation from TA