We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correcting a review which I submitted

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Correcting a review which I submitted

I recently posted a review which had some gibberish at the end. How do I edit it out?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,474 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Correcting a review which I submitted

You dont.

Copy and oaste the review into a word doc, or equivalent, and save it on your own computer, if you have not already done so.

Then ask TA ti remove your original review.

Edit the review in word (orwhatever) until you are happy with it, then resubmiit by copy and paste!

Voila!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,519 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Correcting a review which I submitted

Hi Fayerweather;

Once submitted, you can NOT edit your review. You have two options available to you;

1) Leave the review as-is.

2) Ask TA staff to remove your review, correct it, and then re-submit your review, by using this link.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_remove_a_review_y…

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,702 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Correcting a review which I submitted

If you re-read you review as soon as it is posted, you do have a small time frame to edit it if you click on the edit button.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,519 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Correcting a review which I submitted

Hi Traveller from UK;

There is no "edit" button on a review. The topic is reviews, not forum posts.

Best Regards

5. Re: Correcting a review which I submitted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 01, 2015