We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

We submitted a request to check availability of several properties in Barcelona to compare prices before making a selection. Unfortunately, one company continues to plague us daily in an attempt to solicit business.

Despite attempting now to block this sender, we have been unsuccessful.

We feel we need to report this as bad practice to Trip Advisor, but find it nearly impossible to find the most appropriate place to do this via your web site.

HELP! We're extremely frustrated at this stage!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,197 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums! Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member just like you who volunteers to help fellow members.

TripAdvisor doesn't tolerate spam, but in order to deal with it, it would help to know how this company is contacting you. Are they sending you emails from their business? Are you receiving email alerts about them from TripAdvisor? Are you receiving private messages from them through the TripAdvisor message center (linked under Your Account at the top right of every TripAdvisor page)?

This information will help to stop the tide of unwanted communications from them.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

Hi and thank you for your response. This company sends me daily e-mails from their company with the same information replicated. Each time, they request a read response. To date, I have not acknowledged their correpsondence, but instead, tried to block them as senders. This has failed.

Would really like them to stop sending correspondence.

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,782 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

How did this company get your email address? You must have provided them with it to contact you.

Is there an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email?

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,463 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

On my email system I can report an email as spam to my internet service provider and that is that. I had to get the correct email address from them first though, then forward the offending email to them. Something like "reportspam@ ****.com." Is there not a way for you to do that in your email system? Perhaps contact them?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,671 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

You can also block their e_mails or write a rule to trash them

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
754 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

TA doesn't give your e-mail address to spammers or travel companies. And if you compare prices on TA they don't receive your e-mail address. I guess you have filled in a request for information from the company itself or from its affiliates. Just block the sender in your mailbox.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

One reason I use my Hotmail address for companies........... there is a facility to automatically junk stuff from anyone not in my contact list. Yes, it does mean that I have to watch out for mail coming from new companies that I've given the address to but not a big deal. The other beauty is I can sweep people, never to be bothered again, (until maybe they change the senders address - be better if I could block a domain entirely). You might even find you have something similar already via your ISP. I also use another program easily found on the internet that will bounce email back to whence it came. And if the address is a fake I can blacklist it. Again, never to be seen.

8. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:52 am, April 08, 2012
9. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, April 08, 2012
10. Re: Please make it easier to report spam/harrassment

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 19, 2013