We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edit review

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Edit review

Why not let people edit their reviews or at least add some more photographs or edit location ? I for example realized I did not add the name of the region when I asked for an attraction to be listed. Some attractions I asked to be listed are in isolated places , for example Saon Monastery is near a lake and has no village near Sometimes we remember some important information

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edit review

Hi there

You are not allowed to edit a review simply because prior to it being published it is screened and put through the filters. If you then edit it the process will have to start all over again :)

You are able to add more photographs to your review once it's been published - please see:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/submitting_photos_to_…

To edit a location / listing, please see:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/how_to_alert_us_when_…

All relevant links are available in the Help Center which is worth adding to your bookmarks as it's an invaluable resource:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/help

CB

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edit review

Thank you for the information

I would like it if when asking for Tripadvisor team to edit some information we would be given the possibility to give more explanation about what we want . Now there just standard answers to chose from

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edit review

Yes, there should be an Edit Review function.

Overland Park...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Edit review

You really should be able to edit reviews. On Amazon you can edit the reviews on products you purchased. This shouldn't be a big deal.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
51,846 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edit review

Amazon product reviews do not have a management response. The two types of reviews are totally different.

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edit review

We are discussing reviews by customers - not business owner responses, but I am sure an edit function for business responses would be appreciated too.

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edit review

We are discussing reviews by customers - not business owner responses, but I am sure an edit function for business responses would be appreciated too.

Brookings, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edit review

I will not use services that don't let me edit reviews on the fly anytime, this is why I mostly use google reviews for now. And Amazon. Both allow easy, on the fly editing at any time months or years later.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Edit review

Agreed. An edit function would be a tremendous help. I criticized a restaurant for its poor service, titling my review, "Message to the owner: your servers are ruining your fine restaurant!" I believe the owner actually changed how he manages servers as a result, because the service was utterly transformed the next time I visited. I promised myself I would update my review if I had three quality visits with great service. It happened, but now I can't edit or append my review. What a shame.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edit review

Kirk,

You can submit reviews of your additional visits to the same place. The only restriction is you need to wait 1 month after the previous review was published for restaurants and 3 months for hotels.

Noah

Get answers to your questions