We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviewers Profile

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
Reviewers Profile

I am disappointed that the most recent update has removed the ability to view the Reviewers location on the main review screen.

One now has to click on the link of their profile to view their location adding another step which has made the review of properties very onerous and time consuming.

It would seem that the additional time this has added to the property review process, particularly for lengthy multi destination travel, was not taken into consideration when the system update was planned.

Please reverse this change in the interest off all your clients as it is very useful and time effective, in such a busy world, to see the location of the reviewer on the main acreen.

40 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
58,047 posts
1,938 reviews
1,798 helpful votes
1. Re: Reviewers Profile

OP,

It *seems* that the elimination of Profile data, is restricted to Hotel Reviews only.

However, there might be such elsewhere, depending on the device used, the browser type, and even the URL used to access TA. That does not even mention the TA App.

From the reports I have read, folk can see different displays.

Now, I do agree that seeing that data is useful. Personally, I rely on it less than many, and usually at a later stage in the research, than do most others. However, I would still vote for its returns, and for Reviews of all property types.

Hunt

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
80 reviews
101 helpful votes
2. Re: Reviewers Profile

I agree - the more information we can see, the better.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
36,243 posts
111 reviews
155 helpful votes
3. Re: Reviewers Profile

Yes, I agree.

I found it very annoying when I was looking at hotel reviews. If I wanted to know more I had to click on the profile, then click back, then click the 'more' button again.

I can't see the logic in hiding them because surely there is no reason why the info isn't there.

Someone with 1 review can still be a good contributor so why hide the statistics?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
79,512 posts
477 reviews
376 helpful votes
4. Re: Reviewers Profile

I agree as well. I happened to look at a review yesterday and found the amount of information displayed about the reviewer quite pitiful. I also found it very difficult to see the strange green colour which apparently shows the number of reviews that they have contributed. This site is becoming increasingly irrelevant to me.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: Reviewers Profile

I completely agree with HWBrissy. Please bring back the old format.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
118 reviews
71 helpful votes
6. Re: Reviewers Profile

This is crazy, so annoying. Being able to see a person's level of contributions enabled you to be fairly sure that a review was a genuine one. Removing it hugely devalues Trip Advisor as a reliable review site. Such a backward step. PLEASE REINSTATE THIS INFORMATION.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
64,309 posts
75 reviews
1,894 helpful votes
7. Re: Reviewers Profile

Hi

How are you viewing TA as I am logged into .co.uk on my PC and can still see the information you are talking about - see screen grab below

https:/…

However, to me the number of reviews someone has is not of too much importance to me as I am more interested in the quality of their reviews rather than the quantity. Another way to look at it is on your profile I see you have never contributed to a single destination forum so does that make you any less genuine?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
45,570 posts
8 reviews
40 helpful votes
8. Re: Reviewers Profile

FFM

Which browser are using as I am on my laptop logged into .co.uk using Chrome and don't see what you see.

Angie.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
64,309 posts
75 reviews
1,894 helpful votes
9. Re: Reviewers Profile

I am using Chrome and Windows 10

It does seem stupid that so many people see so many different views of TA and TA really need to get their act together

Edited: 9:40 am, February 08, 2019
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
583 reviews
215 helpful votes
10. Re: Reviewers Profile

Finally, I see an improvement regarding reviewer information for Hotel Reviews. Last week I had to click and go back to the reviewer's profile for info. Today the # of contributions is shown and if I click on the name or avatar I get a popup window with all the info (contributions, helpful votes, etc) without having to go back to their profile page!! Using Windows 10 and Chrome, on a laptop.

Reply to: Reviewers Profile
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted