We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbus A380-800

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airbus A380-800

I am travelling alone to New Zealand with Quantas. Can anyone tell me the best seat to book in economy on the Airbus A380-800. It must be a window seat (with a window).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbus A380-800

80 A or 80 K but these usually will be allocated for Platinum or Sapphire Frequent Flyer members . Also worth looking at 71D not a window but no seat in front of you either.

Also worth noting Qantas put their price up from $20 to $25 to pick your seat

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbus A380-800

Check seatguru.com or other similar sites.

Also I don't think Quantas are an airline.....however QANTAS is.

Check top right hand side of page:-)

Cheers

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbus A380-800

Have seat 76a allocated, thanks for your advice.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbus A380-800

You're going to be disappointed I think. Unlike other aircraft, there's a 12cm gap between the inner and outer windows on the A380 which prevents your view of the terrain during the flight. It's not until the aircraft descends to about 2000 ft that you get a view of the ground. You can see the problem in this video I took of the landing: www.youtube.com/watch…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbus A380-800

We rode the 380 (Singapore Air) Tokyo to LAX, upper deck row 80, seats "D & E" and it was fantastic! Keep in mind the window seats might have space from the windows due to curvature of the aluminum tube...

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
953 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airbus A380-800

I wrote about our first flying e xperience on the A380-800 .We flew DUbai to Toronto by Emirates. Its one of the smoothest flights we have taken. The windows (as far as Emirates is concerned) were straight,no bulkheads.

Read about our trip at

…blogspot.ca/2010/06/a380-800-different-flyi…

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airbus A380-800

To be honest, I didn't check the seatmap of Qantas 380 ...

But the best row on LH 380 is the very first row on the main deck because there are no people walking around.

Some rows have more legroom, because they are right night to the emergency exists, but on long-haul flights there are always lots of people standing ...

8. Re: Airbus A380-800

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 14, 2013