We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

sci
Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
126 helpful votes
Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

Hi - can anyone advise on the difference between Saga Class and Premium Economy on Iceland Air. From the seating configuration, they don't look so different. But the price differential is fairly substantial. Thank you.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
23,712 posts
36 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

See the attached information from Iceland Air website - this sets out the differences between the fare classes..

www.icelandair.co.uk/specials/fare-table/

Whether the extras are worth the extra cost is a matter of personal choice

TomC

sci
Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
126 helpful votes
2. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

Thanks - I did this, but would like to know about the difference 1st hand. Have you flown Iceland Air? Again - thanks so much.

Santa Cruz, CA
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

I'm just wondering if you ever decided which class of service to book. I have the same question of Saga v. Econ Plus and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
61,114 posts
12 reviews
91 helpful votes
4. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

Depends on the length of the flight. If I were flying from the west coast of North America to KEF I'd try to book Saga class (depending on the fare) for the long journey; if making the three hour hop from LHR-KEF I'd (if possible) book Premium Economy but would be reasonably happy in FI's standard Economy seat for that short journey.

sci
Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
126 helpful votes
5. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

We ended up going via Saga Class. It is exactly like domestic First Class. We were happy that we didn't go with the Premium Economy, because it is configured with 3 seats, not two, and the seats do not recline as far back. Both the Iceland Air website and Seat Guru were misleading in this respect.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

I flew Icelandair twice last year on two short haul flights (3hrs each).

On board, Saga class didn't seem too special - the main difference is things like extra baggage, better meal and flexibility to change flights.

Saga class seats seemed practically the same as economy but a little wider and with a little extra leg room. I found Icelandair economy seats to be wider than usual anyway.

Thornton, New...
Level Contributor
989 posts
181 reviews
338 helpful votes
7. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

I too, am very interested in the differences. Am planning a trip from the East Coast to Copenhagen. The website does state that Premium Economy seating is 2 X 2, from a previous post, this seems to be inaccurate. Guess I'll give them a call before booking.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,885 posts
275 reviews
231 helpful votes
8. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

Yes, the only way you'll get up to date info is to call them.

sci
Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
126 helpful votes
9. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

You are correct. The website said one thing, and when we got on the plane, the configuration was different. Saga Class is the same thing as domestic US First Class. The Economy Plus Class had the 3 - 3 configuration, except for one row of 2-2. It turns out we are going back, and I booked the Economy Plus seats. The savings is substantial, and the flight is only 5 hours from Boston.

Santa Cruz, CA
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Saga Class vs Premium Economy?

I thought that premium economy was configured as 3 x 3 but that the middle seat was blocked off and not used. Is this not the case? My husband & I booked a window and an aisle, the seating map did not show a bookable middle seat. Is there someone who can clarify?

Get answers to your questions