We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute flights to oz

northern ireland
Level Contributor
99 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
last minute flights to oz

Hi have been searching the net in vain in the hope of getting some last minute good prices to australia in august have got three weeks unexpectedly of work and it set my mind to wondering !I know its the height of the holiday season just need flights at under £1000 is it a hopeless task thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute flights to oz

It isn't hopeless at all. They've been running sales to SYD out of LAX, and while it is a long way to get there, it might not be too bad, so think of going west too. Check out Air Canada... I've seen around 800 GBP x LHR.

That being said, there does seem to be some decent sales going on right now. You can also do it on Air Asia (put plenty of time in for connection in KL) for about 600GBP

Edited: 4:04 pm, July 19, 2010
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,167 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute flights to oz

You might try lastminute.com - I saw prices from GBP855 LHR-SYD-LHR (Aug 17th)

Edited: 12:12 am, July 20, 2010
3. Re: last minute flights to oz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, November 01, 2010
northern ireland
Level Contributor
99 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute flights to oz

thanks everyone i,m working my way through all suggestions need to go about 6th aug to make it a worthwhile trip as have to be back at work on 26th so thanks again for your suggestions

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: last minute flights to oz

To man try usit.ie or trailfinders.ie irish sites but very good value looking around 800. Euros

6. Re: last minute flights to oz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 18, 2011