We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Hi, I'd like to know whether anyone has any experience of booking flights with travelpack.com. I have seen a good deal with them on flights from Manchester to Colombo but would like to know if this website is reliable. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
161. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

I'm in kind of a "live and learn" situation, but after reading everyone else's comments on TravelPack I feel obligated to pass my experiences on.

Earlier this year I booked both a flight and hotel through TravelPack from Canada to Cuba; I was able to book the flight online, but had trouble with the hotel and had to call in. A long story short, I was charged 3 times for the hotel. After numerous phone calls to them with broken promises of returned calls from a manager, I was in contact with a gentleman named Robin George who was helpful in getting the 2 of the 3 hotel bookings cancelled and the charges refunded. With the extensive time between the charges and the credits, I was out almost $40 for exchange rates. Do you think I could get credited for the exchange after their multiple bookings? Do you think I received a single email back from Robin after I expressed my disappointment in their level of customer service on the matter? Do you think I will ever, and I mean EVER book again with TravelPack?

As mentioned in the previous post, you do get what you pay for, but the question you need to ask yourself is whether or not it's worth it. In my opinion, it isn't. Multiple phone calls and emails, broken promises, poor customer service, and added and unnecessary stress isn't worth it. You do get what you pay for, but there are plenty companies out there that will fight for your business with competitive pricing but still offering a suitable level of customer service. I will never book again through TravelPack, and I sincerely hope that you think otherwise before doing so yourself.

P.S. I haven't actually taken my trip yet, so I may be back for for more.

1 post
Save Reply
162. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

After reading reviews I was worried but I promised that if it went well I would post what hAppened. I asked for a refund following an air line schedule change. I got my full refund back after four weeks. About 991 pounds. So happy that they delivered in the end. So thank God - I hope they get better

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
163. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Absolutely appalling. They booked the wrong flights for us and expected us to pay to change them. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with a Debra Dias who it must be said wasn't as competent as would have liked but I persevered.

We finally did the booking over the phone and then had to repeat the booking an hour later online. After all that, we were departing on another holiday the next day and didn't have chance to check the invoice and confirmation that was belatedly sent us.

On our return, we realised that she had completely mucked up the dates of our onward connecting flight. We contacted them but weren't told that as they had no written confirmation of what we had requested, we would have to pay to change the flights.

Given that we were due to be travelling with two young children and an 80 year old, the flights she had booked were totally unacceptable. They simply would not accept that they were at fault and offered no remedy.

Appalling competency and customer service. Never again.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
164. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

OK my story goes like this.

We were just looking to book two complicated flights. We got referred by the skyscanner.net app. Travelpack's price was on a par with everyone else, nothing special but I needed do the booking by telephone because of it's seemingly complicated nature.

Rang up, spoke to one Debra Dias. Pretty difficult to understand and not exactly what I call competent, nevertheless, I soldiered on to rack up a 45 minute phonecall. Made two phone bookings. Put the phone down and thought that although it had taken 45 minutes, I'd finally sorted everything.

Then the drama started. Got an email threatening me with losing the flights if I didn't send a further authorisation so that my debit card could be debited. Sound familiar? I sent an email authorising the use of the debit card. Didn't hear anything. Waited and a bit concerned, decided to ring again to make sure we'd got the flights. No, was the answer as my debit card could not be used to make the second booking, as it was in the name of my father.

I was then told to make the bookings again online. Extremely concerned that we'd lose the flights and pressured at every juncture, we hastily made the bookings and once again breathed a huge sigh of relief.

But we hadn't counted on the incompetence of Debra Dias. Oh no! Having paid £3000 wouldn't you expect that you'd have the right flights? Oh no, this is Travelpack and oh boy, if only we'd checked out these reviews.

Low and behold our confirmations and invoice arrive and yes, you've guessed it, just like all the other cases on here, the dates were not only wrong but meant that we would all be travelling non-stop for over 20 hours! Not really ideal if it were just my wife and I but given that the bookings were for two small children, one 2 year old and a 6 year old in addition to an 80 year old, my father, totally unacceptable. Debra Dias knew this as this was discussed at length as part of the laborious couple of hours spent making the booking.

Now the best of it. Travelpack's response was absolutely appalling. It involved 3 main players, all guilty of the most appalling customer service that at times, bordered on plain insulting. The first was someone called Halan. All the usual crap came out. "You should have checked the booking", "What proof have you got that you didn't give that date", "The tickets have already been issued", "There's nothing we can do", "Only Debra who won't be back for another week, can help you", "You'll have to pay to have the tickets changed, whether it's our fault or not"...

Then came Mr Tim Bushell. Yes, the one on here, assuring us that Travelpack is a "bricks and mortar company" and how, in the same mould as all those smarmy executives on BBC's "Watchdog", occasionally they make mistakes but that's OK because they have trillions and trillions of happy customers.

A few promising emails from Mr Bushell were followed by a direct contradiction of what Debra Dias was saying, i.e. that although Travelpack and Emirates were happy to change the flights, free of charge, we'd still have to pay the princely sum of £225 because according to him, the cost of the new booking had risen (it hadn't, we checked with Emirates themselves) and yet according to her, there were increased airport taxes involved!

All of which, of course, checking with Emirates again, proved to be a complete load of s***e designed to, despite what they said, get us to pay for the changes to the incorrect booking, that Debra Dias was responsible for.

Roll on today, an extremely heated recorded phonecall, with a Supervisor audibly coaching Debra Dias in the background and plainly imparting ways of avoiding giving an inch, when it comes to admitting responsibilty and doing the honourable thing, I was told that I would be contacted later on in the day, and yes, you've guessed neither Mr Bushell or Debra Dias have had the temerity to ring or email.

So here I am, £3000 paid, no flights booked and still completely in the dark as to what is happening or going to happen!

Use Travelpack again? I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

Cheap they ain't, incompetent and completely scruple free when they make mistakes, they certainly are.

You have been warned.

Leeds
1 post
Save Reply
165. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

DO NOT BOOK WITH TRAVELPACK.COM. I had a horrible experience with them. I booked a couple of seats to Paris and when my e-ticket arrived, I was given completely different dates to what we had booked on the web site. When I called, they told me I had not checked my booking properly and it would cost me pretty much the same price that I had initially paid to get the seats I actually wanted. RIP OFF MERCHANTS, STEER CLEAR

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
166. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

My wife found a deal through Skyscanner.net that was £500 cheaper than everywhere else. It was through Travelpack. The mother-in law needed a return ticket from Trinidad to Manchester, UK. We booked it and I paid for it using my credit card. I thought it was end of transaction as you do...

My wife got the booking details with flight numbers etc. I get an 'dodgy' looking email which is poorly worded, asking for email and photo ID confirmation that I've made the purchase. It looked like your basic phishing scam. At this point I'm on the internet searching these guys out only finding the worst reviews...

The wife was over my shoulder in tears thinking we have been scammed of our £600.

I found out one bit of information - Travelpack are based in India. To make credit card purchase for somebody else, you the card holder, need to authorise it. (I was paying for mother in laws ticket) This is a common practice for retailers outside of the UK. My card had been debited already by the time of the email.

I sent the email saying it was ok, with a scanned copy of my driving licence (name and picture only mind) attached. I didn't receive anything back but we rang the actual airline (Caribbean Airlines) numerous times and they confirmed the flight was booked.

Everything worked out fine in our case. Unorthodox compared to an average purchase online but it worked. I would use Travelpack again knowing their M.O. But as a first time user reading these reviews I'd be wary. Id give them 4 stars for not providing what they said they would but not confirming that I sent my authorisation.

Mark

Manchester

Edited: 5:06 pm, May 08, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
167. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Booked flights with this company after finding them through skyscanner.com. The flights were the cheapest option and were easy to book; however today we received an email asking us to pay an additional £40 per person for airline tax. After questioning this, they then proceeded to suggest that this charge was for passenger service, and if we did not pay them then we would have to pay at the airport. This was obviously quite alarming, and so we rang the airline directly to check that we were booked, and that this charge was not applicable. Luckily the airline confirmed our flights and that we did not need to pay anymore money. Thus travelpack.com have unsuccessfully tried to claim more money from us for no reason. So be careful.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
168. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Booked flights with this company after finding them through skyscanner.com. The flights were the cheapest option and were easy to book; however today we received an email asking us to pay an additional £40 per person for airline tax. After questioning this, they then proceeded to suggest that this charge was for passenger service, and if we did not pay them then we would have to pay at the airport. This was obviously quite alarming, and so we rang the airline directly to check that we were booked, and that this charge was not applicable. Luckily the airline confirmed our flights and that we did not need to pay anymore money. Thus travelpack.com have unsuccessfully tried to claim more money from us for no reason. So be careful.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
169. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Yikes just seen these posts regarding Travelpack!

We have just booked with Travelpack from Aberdeen to Thailand, however so far we have had no issues. The booking was quick and stress free, we received our e ticket details and when logging into the airlines website our flights are booked there too.

Flights are not till December so fingers crossed there are no issues as others have experienced!

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
170. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

please read before booking wiht travelpack. i booked ticket with travelpack online on sept 8th at 10:30pm 2013 they had the cheapest price online 1172.37 C$ few min i got email saying my booking is confirmed and soon i ll receive my e-ticket , i checked my CC online FIRST ISSUE : they charged me in US $ 1199.85 even though my booking was in C$ for 1172.37. SECOND ISSUE: the next day around 11am i got email from travelpack saying here is the email:

Thank you for booking with Travelpack.ca Your booking reference is 007560 .

Unfortunately on reconfirming your booking details we have noticed an error in the fare that you were quoted through our system. It is rare for system errors like this which can happen for a number of reasons during the booking process. We make every effort to ensure that system errors don’t impact on our customers but in this instance the fare has been quoted incorrectly and should in fact be CAD 1275.36 including taxes.

We are sorry for the obvious inconvenience this causes but at this stage there are only two options available to you. You can pay the difference in fare of 102.99 CAD to secure the flight ticket. The remaining amount will be charged to your card once we receive an authorization.

Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, we value your customers and assure you of our best intentions at all time.

--

Regards

Travel Consultant

Travelpack Marketing & Leisure Services Ltd.

Unit 10A,

2800 Skymark Avenue,

Mississauga, ON,

L4W 5A6

T: 1-866-352-5866 / 1-905-625-1000

F: 1-905-696-8782

so now they are saying either take or leave it. very bad service will not recommend

Get answers to your questions