We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economy comfort KLM

Rotterdam
5 posts
Save Topic
economy comfort KLM

Anyone experienced yet the new economy comfort class on KLM?

I bought 2 places on row 10, A&B on a flight to Cape Town from Amsterdam and I am curious if anyone has a comment on those seats....?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: economy comfort KLM

It gets recommended on seat guru , and would be my choice as well. Have a nice flight

East Lothian...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: economy comfort KLM

I too am interested in the KLM Comfort Economy plus the price range looks good.

Can I ask how much it cost from AMS to Cape town? The website gives a price range but nothing firm until you book.

Even at my height (6,2) I find most economy seats ok, a few extra inches would make a big difference, I would pay for business but would rather keep that money to spend at destination.

Edited: 2:28 pm, January 17, 2010
Rotterdam
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: economy comfort KLM

I paid € 834 per ticket. Direct flight from Amsterdam to Cape Town. For the economy comfort seats I paid € 120,- per seat extra. I hope it's worth it.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,760 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: economy comfort KLM

Not been on thenm but they do have a mock up of the seats at the head of pier D in Schiphol. Had a quick look and obviously the only difference is on the seat pitch. Looks pretty good and if you like a bit more space to sprawl out then €60 per sector for such a long flight is not too much. I would certainly be tempted myself.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: economy comfort KLM

Ronaldo, it is €80-150 each way. Less a discount for FB silver and gold,plats get it free. According to the mails they keep sending me the seats recline a bit further as well

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: economy comfort KLM

Hi

Subject to the date of travel, KLM usually operate a 777 on this routing. When I look at the seatmap on various dates, it varies about the seating, sometimes it is a 2-seat row, sometimes a 3-seat row, but as far as I can see they are bulkhead seats, first row.

Wiki

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: economy comfort KLM

According to KLM seat map (i tried a dummy booking) it is a bulkhead 2 seat row

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,760 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: economy comfort KLM

Mmmm each way is a bit to much. You can buy the emergency exit seats for €50 per sector long haul. Good if you have Platinum like my brother though.

Rotterdam
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: economy comfort KLM

Yep, KLM is flying with the 777-200ER from A'dam to CT. Of course I noticed on the seat-map that it is the bulkhead 2-seater, but I was wondering if anyone had those seats allready and could tell me his or her experience. On a long haul this seats are a 120 euro extra per seat per flight. No extra service, only 10 inches more space and the seat reclines a bit more.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: economy comfort KLM

Whether it is worth it is for you to judge. €480 for 24hours more comfort or less agony depending how tall you are! For me sitting in a31in pitch seat for 12 hours would be a claustrophobic nightmare. Otherwise you can try to get exit row seats at €50, though there are not many of them .

Have a good flight