We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

uk
9 posts
Save Topic
BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Hi,I'm booked on this flight with my mum in the world traveller plus cabin...its a special trip for her and would like to choose the comfiest seat for this journey as she is quite old...I can check in online 24 hours before,does anyone have a recommendation of the best seat to go for?Thanks alot,Geoff

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

www.seatguru.com and check out good and bad seats having determined your plane type.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

When are you flying? I'll have a look at ExpertFlyer to see what seats are available for that flight on the date you plan to travel.

And are your bookings linked? If you have two separate PNRs (pax name records) call BA and ask them to link them so you can check in for the two of you at the same time - you'll have a much better chance of getting two seats together than by checking in one after the other.

And....'quite old' - how old, please? Just curious, as some may consider 70 'quite old'. Not that her age matters, I'm just nosey. And I do hope the two of you have a fab flight and great time in SFO.

uk
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Hi thanks for your help-we fly on Sept 7th at 11.25a.m. to SFO.

Mum is 68,so maybe not that old but she's got very bad legs,thats why we've booked the slightly better seats,its such a long flight though!

If you've got any tips,much appreciated,Geoff

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

ExpertFlyer shows WT+ with (grrr) 11K and 12A blocked - not sure why, unless they're being held as cot seats, but that's usually 12E or 12F, with the latter blocked right now.

13B, 12K, 13K and 15BD are selected as of now ... hmmm. If 12AB open up for you at OLCI I think I'd say grab them, as they are behind the bulkhead, so a bit more leg room; 11JK might be good options as well although rumour has it the seats are a bit cold as they're near an exit door. Also, they're on one side of the F galleys, so might be a bit noisy.

16JK are available, with a bulkhead behind, so you and your mum could recline as much as you wished if you wanted, but again they're near the WT+/J galley and CSD's office, so a bit noisy.

WT+ has the same small pillows as WT, so if you think your mum might need a bit more support for her legs, say a pillow under the leg rest, you might want to take one along, or even ask if there is a spare pillow from Club World you could borrow. I had to prop up an injured leg last summer when travelling in WT+ and found one pillow from J made a huge difference.

Will keep fingers crossed hoping all goes well with you and your not-really-that-old mum.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Hi there.

You can book seats already at this time, so you might check that.

I'dd go for 14AB at this time, or 14JK

Like stated by Travellerplus, the other 2seated rows are either (partly)booked up or to close to pantry and toilets IMHO, being row 16....

Upon check in, you might change that seats booked in case 12A.B become bookable, in fact, 12B is bookable, but as indicated above, 12A is not bookable at this time.

12D is, but that would mean a seat on either side of the galley wich might be not preferrable.

Good luck

Wiki

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

<<You can book seats already at this time, so you might check that. >>

You can only book 24 hours in advance on BA (as the OP said) and they are not flying until Sep 7th.>

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

In my GDS I can take the seats already.....so the booker here should be able to do the same through his original booking channel....

Wiki

uk
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Thanks alot for all your advice,its very helpful..will try to go for 12ab I think,

thanks again,Geoff

uk
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Hi again,sorry forgot to ask,can you tell me which type of aircraft this is please?

Geoff

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA0285 Heathwow to SFO

Hi again,sorry forgot to ask,can you tell me which type of aircraft this is please?

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/90/British_Airways_Boeing_747-400_(52_Next_Generation_Club_World)/

The point about pre-assignment still stands. Unless you fall into one of the following groups you will be unable to pre-assign seats:

britishairways.com/travel/…en_gb