We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France 777 Business Class seats flat bed?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,109 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Air France 777 Business Class seats flat bed?

Their site doesn't say so. SeatGuru says not. My call to one of their phone agents gave me a sort of fuzzy 'yes'.

Does anyone KNOW for sure?

Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France 777 Business Class seats flat bed?

I flew AF biz class a couple of months ago. The seats are definitely _not_ 180 deg flat beds, more like 170. They are similar to Lufthansa's.

For US to Europe, I think Air Canada biz class is the best, although United's new seats are now a strong contender.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France 777 Business Class seats flat bed?

I'd also say "not". I've flown Lagos to CDG several times as well as PEK to CDG. Both of these routes used the 777. The BC seat was quite good, it sinks down low and is flat, but slightly inclined. I flew both routes and connected at CDG to go to AMS on AF rather than suffer the KLM seat and service.

They give a fuzzy yes as it just about gets there, but not quite. They also like to confuse the issue with "flat" thinking it is equivalent to "horizontal".

3. Re: Air France 777 Business Class seats flat bed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 21, 2009