We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austrialian flight from Fl. with CPAP Machine

Fort Laudereale
1 post
Save Topic
Austrialian flight from Fl. with CPAP Machine

What airline is good to fly to Austrialia? I will be traveling with my sleep machine. I need an electrical port to plug into on the flight.

r2Parker

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austrialian flight from Fl. with CPAP Machine

Qantas and United are really your only options. Virgin are planning to start flying SYD-LAX, but not sure when they will start.

Qantas do codeshare from Miami to LAX with AA. You can fly out of Fort Lauderdale with United though.

I would recommend you contact Qantas customer service to discuss your medical requirements to esure everything is ok for your needs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austrialian flight from Fl. with CPAP Machine

This may not apply to you directly, but is a recent Travel Advisory from Cathay Pacific.

cathaypacific.com/cpa/…

No nebuliser or personal humidifier allowed to be operated on board

With immediate effect, passengers should be aware that the following devices are not allowed to be operated on board any Cathay Pacific or Dragonair flights:

Nebulisers (open-circuit type)

Personal Humidifiers*

Potential increased risk of respiratory disease transmission on board has been associated with use of nebulisers, humidifiers, vaporizers or other similar devices in-flight.

Please discuss the details with your physician.

*Except those attached to CPAP machines of closed-circuit design, with exhausted mist collected without venting into the cabin.

3. Re: Austrialian flight from Fl. with CPAP Machine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 12, 2009