We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Cruise Lines

Somerset, New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Norwegian Cruise Lines

First time cruising. Any advice or comments regarding the ship,staff and quality of food?

528 replies to this topic
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

We have only cruised NCL and we enjoy them, friendly crew, free style attire and food and we never had abad meal on NCL.

We really feel that the included meals are just as good as the upcharge meals so why bother paying extra!

What ship are you on?

You should also check out cruisecritic.com, much more info there!

Have fun

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

Welcome to cruise world! I find different cruise lines to be different in some ways but all are satisfactory to me. I guess it would depend on how picky you are. I'm on a ship to see ports and the cruise that has the best itinerary is the one that gets my business. All that other stuff, like what time do we eat dinner and how many pools are aboard are just "extras" for me. I enjoy them but don't really even pay much attention to what they are until after I've booked. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

Norwegian cruise lines are fantastic, I would go with them again any time

DC
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

After 4 Norwegian cruises we tries Holland America Noordam ship because we wanted to go on the AAA tour of private islands. Norwegian is so clean, pretty and wonderful. Courteous staff and fabulous. Never go on the "walmart" of cruising - those ships owned by Holland American or Carnival who owns Holland America. .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
386 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

Although hardly a veteran cruiser, with only 2 cruises ( so far!! ) under my belt, NCL staff shone out on both of our cruises for us! Everyone......and I mean EVERYONE....we met was pleasant and courteous. Nothing was too much trouble for them, but neither were they * in your face* all the time!

Food is very subjective, but put it this way......we certainly didn't starve and always found something we enjoyed! :)

Our two cruises couldn't have been more different, ship-wise! We went from the lovely little Sky to the HUGE Epic and loved them both!

Enjoy your cruise!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

Norwegian Epic. March 9 - 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our cruise of the Eastern Caribbean. Perfect weather. The Epic is a huge ship! Close to 4000 guests and 1800 crew. All ages represented. Be prepared for the extra charges. Most meals are included. Basic drinks - water, coffee, tea, some juices. Everything else is extra. Some entertainment is included. Don't miss the Cirque Dreams and Dinner show. It is extra but worth it. We booked some excursions from the ship excursion desk and winged it in a taxi at the St. Thomas port. Upon our return to Miami, we arrived with several hours until our flight left. We booked onto the Big Bus Tour of Miami. Great tour! All in all, we would cruise again. Maybe something a bit smaller. We had a great time.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

We are booked to go on Hawaii in 8 weeks and are not really sure what footwear is appropriate for men in either the main or speciality restaurants. All it says is no open toe footwear.

Any hints or advice.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

My husband just wore his casual suede slip ons, I call them topsiders or boat shoes or by the brand name Sperry.

This is the type of shoe he brings on all trips, comfortable to walk in but still nice enough for dinner

Have fun in Hawaii! Loved it and the Pride of America

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

May seem a strange question but I am about to book NCL Sky outside cabin and wondering which side of the ship is better - for views of going into ports if we are not on deck?

Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Norwegian Cruise Lines

This question gets asked a lot on here, and yes it is silly........

So, apologies for saying it is !

There is absolutely no answer to your question. The ship will sail into port in whatever way it sails into port, and that will vary from port to port.

You may be lucky or unlucky.

By the way, you didnt even say which ports !!

Reply to: Norwegian Cruise Lines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted