We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seabourn Cruises

Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Seabourn Cruises

If you are into cruising and are Australian then be aware that Seabourn has been giving generous discounts, upgrades and even cash refunds to non-Australian passengers. Items not generally passed on to Australians. You can be sitting next to people at meals who have paid thousands less than you for the same or better cabins.

65 replies to this topic
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seabourn Cruises

George, welcome to the wonderful world of cruising !

Trust me, as a Brit I feel your pain.

Its not just Aussies and its not just Seabourn that do this.

Have a look at the ' sticky ' thread at the top of this page entitiled ' Regional Pricing at what cost '

Woburn Sands...
Level Contributor
1 post
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seabourn Cruises

There are always last minute deals to be had, they need to fill the ship, but if, like us, you cruise for the destinations rather than the cruising experience are you willing to take a chance on there being space on board your chosen cruise to save a few $

Just returned from a Seabourn cruise to St Petersburg and can find nothing to pick fault with

Tadworth, Surrey
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seabourn Cruises

Just returned from a fabulous seabourn cruise, our first seabourn cruise but will not be our last, we were on the odyssey, could not be improved upon, the only other place I have been to that is in the same league as regards service is the four seasons in sharm, if you are thinking of booking, just do it you won't be disappointed!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seabourn Cruises

My wife and I have just returned from a Caribbean cruise on the Seabourne Legend. We were both very disappointed, by the poor condition of the ship, lifts breaking down, the smell of raw sewage around the ship, guest laundry not working, poor access to certain parts of the ship, generally a tired run down ship. Not what you would expect from a very expensive holiday.

The staff were great, cheerful and helpful, as a positive comment.

I have sent Seabourne an email but as yet, no response.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seabourn Cruises

My friends on adifferent cruise ship shared a taxi with Alan Titchmarsh who was on the Seabourne at the same port. Do I need to say any more :(((

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seabourn Cruises

Just returned form the Jan. 26 Legend Cruise in the Caribbean.

I share your comments, plus would add the food was disappointing for such a highly rated ship;

hard to imagine with a french chef, the bread and pastry could be so weak; entrees ranged from very good to very mediocre.

the wifi should not be charged for because it worked so poorly, the bartender in the lounge had trouble

making even a simple mixed cocktail.

Service was excellent, certainly the most positive element of the cruise.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seabourn Cruises

I know that the Legend has undergone a refurb, but I think a couple of weeks would not put right what is wrong.

Seabourn must realise that their cruises are very expensive and all guests just want value for money. Get that right and you would be on a winner!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seabourn Cruises

This is a very disappointing report, I really want Seabourn to improve and earn its good reputation back. But even after a twelve day refurb it would seem that things haven't changed much according to this most recent report.

Seabourn have not taken this chance to put these various faults to rights.

Level Contributor
8 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seabourn Cruises

We were on the Sojourne in October from Montreal. The ship was wonderful as was all the staff. The food was spotty and not consistently good. Restaurant 2 was the worst. We walked out in the middle of the meal. For an expensive cruise line, they need to improve their food.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seabourn Cruises

I would love to hear from Seabourn saying that all points have been noted and are now corrected, but I'm not holding my breath!

Reply to: Seabourn Cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted