We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Majesty

lancs
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Majesty

Just got back from a super week on the Thomson Dream....Looking at booking another cruise and very interested in the Thomson Majesty itinerary. PLEASE can anyone give me views on the Majesty Ship and how it compares with the Dream..

Thanks

1,168 replies to this topic
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Majesty

Already on this forum some derogatory reports about Majesty which has replaced Destiny.Just search previous thread topics.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Majesty

Why do Thomson Cruises provide a choice of only old,well-worn (but clean and well-maintained) ships for their UK customers to cruise on? When you compare Spirit,Celebration,Island Escape,Dream and now Majesty with Mein Schiff that their German clients can select there is no comparison.C'mon Thomson/Tui give us in UK access to Mein Schiff fly cruises.I for one would be a taker.But for now I am a past customer and likely to remain one.

roherham
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Majesty

dont go on this ship just come back on the 11th may never again group of 8 went on this ship cold showers ,well worn towels in shower room, bedding never changed,showeroom not very clean need regrouting looks old aircon didnt really work also once you where cold then hot so so suprise anybody didnt get ill on this boat ,food luke warm only the soup hot took us 21/2 hrs one night to have a meal in the restaunt the waiters where dripping wet through not good for us???tables too close no room to move waiters passing our food over the table 1hr to get a drink and thats just for wine with our meal??? let alone our meal.

what a waste of money??/so think carefully about booking this ship,our cabin was on deck 8 if you go on deck 9 you will not get much sleep due to deck 10 is where the bars are and eating place is swimming pools,service isnt has good on board at all better going on the spirt are better still book another cruise line we are never going on a thomson cruises again.Forgot to say tea/coffee machines not very good luke warm drinks but ice machine did work????/

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Majesty

Thanks for posting donna.Seems Thomson Cruises (UK) lurch from one negative (Dream as new fleet addition) to another (Majesty).

Tamworth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Majesty

have just returned from a week onboard Thomson Majesty and agree with what you say, our cabin was filthy and mattress, bedding, pillows and curtains all had to be replaced due to extreme staining. It is the first time in all the years of cruising that I have found grafitti. If you look on the inner lift doors you will find inscribed the words bullsh** and f*** you, they must obviously have had our cabin which was sitting on top of the engine, no sleep all week. The hygiene is very poor in buffet areas, I am still suffering the effects of illness due to this.

roherham
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Majesty

HI Andy iam sure you would agree that we could put more feed back about this boat??? but i hope you get better soon iam so surpise that alot more people wasnt ill??

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Majesty

Never mind, I'm sure your English grammar will improve one day.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Majesty

No worries as we understood the lady.

port talbot
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Majesty

we are going on the majesty in aug hope all the problems will be sorted by then

Isle of man
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Majesty

My Mum and Dad just come home from Thomson Majesty this is their second cruise this year and they have been cruising for 25 years - they are complaining to Thomson as their cabin was dirty and had loads of issues that didnt get resolved, the entertainment was the worst they have ever had on a cruise, the ship was dirty, they have been overcharged on their bill and many other minor niggles. They feel very let down by Thomson and would be reluctant to use again after their experience.

Reply to: Thomson Majesty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted