We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Cruise review

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Crystal Cruise review

My husband and I are considering an 11 day cruise with Crystal Cruise to the Canary Islands in April 2013 which is less than $4000 per person (book by June 30, 2012). Has anyone traveled with this company who can recommend this company?? I know the cruise lines are hurting, but is this just too cheap to be any good?? Mrs.

Senior

31 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Cruise review

Have just booked our second cruise with Crystal and can't wait! We are actually coming to Boston in October this year as part of our 10 day Canada New England Cruise on the Crystal Symphony - starts in Montreal and ends in NYC for Halloween!!

I wouldn't even think twice - just do it! Hubby & i did a 12 day Mediterranean Cruise on the Crystal Serenity last October, (Venice to Barcelona), and let me tell you, we have been truly "Crystallized"! It was amazing - the Crystal staff will do anything to assure you have the ultimate cruising experience - and we did! so much so that as soon as we got back to Australia we started planning our next cruise with Crystal.

You will not be disappointed and the price you quoted is fantastic, especially now that Crystal is all inclusive. The food is phenomenal and the service is 5 star. Go for it and book!! :)

Penticton
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Cruise review

Did you take this cruise ? We are booked for this cruise inn Nov 2012, any tips re shore excursions etc. Thanks

Clermont, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Cruise review

They are an excellent cruise line. I'm about to embark on my third trip with them.

fitzus
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crystal Cruise review

We are now considering the Crystal cruise for June 2014 of the Mediterranean and it sounds wonderful.A friend recently did this and raves about it!!! It sounds like its fabulous???any suggestions ?.Will be taking our 22 &18 yr old kids too!! Very excited!!!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
102 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crystal Cruise review

Did you book your Crystal trip? We are scheduled for the Venice to Istanbul on Crystal Serenity and will be taking out 18 and 16 year olds....

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crystal Cruise review

We usually sail with P&O, so would be interested to read more reviews here about Crystal please. In the meantime I will also read reviews on Cruise Critic as well.

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crystal Cruise review

Crystal is a very good.company. Booked two so far. One on each of their two ships. Serenity was better for us. A bit larger. The beds need help even with a foam topper the Symphony had an uncomfortable feel. We got extra pillows and made our own comfort. Seriously, I never thought I would say HAL had a leg up on Crystal but it does in the bed department. Everything else was top notch but if you can't rest properly, the trip may be a bust

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crystal Cruise review

My husband and I just got back from a World Cruise on Crystal Serenity. The trip was 80+ days and we had a balcony stateroom. We are very experienced cruisers(over 30 cruises) and have taken a world cruise before. We left from LA and ended in Southhampton(London). We have never been on Crystal before and werte looking forward to our trip. Crystal did not disapoint us. The staff was exceptional and the shore excursions were wonderful. We took three overland trips from the ship- a safari in Africa, Ankor Wat in Cambodia, and the Terra Cotta Warriors in China. All of the arrangements were first class - hotels, food, guides, airlines etc. We couldn't have been happier. The food was the best we have ever had on a cruise ship. The conceirge was very helpful on some of the ports where we did not book an excursion. I had absolutely no complaint about Crystal's all inclusive policy - great food, liquor wines etc. The only complaint we had was not really Crystal's fault - everyone on the ship seemed to have been on plenty of others Crystal cruises together so it was hard to make friends. It was almost like high school ! All in all, we would take another Crystal cruise.

The Sea Ranch...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crystal Cruise review

We just returned from a Crystal Cruise to China. The good: Great crew; good to excellent food; great service. Excellent coordination between hotel and airport (see below).

Negative: The lectures where poor. One presenter's content was not focused on the subject she was suppose to be talking about. Another lecture was suppose to the on China's future and it was on the history of China with a few minutes at the end on the advertised subject. Tours from the ship: Terrible. Headphones where not provided. There where 30-40 people in groups and headphones are essential. The tour leader could not be heard. This opinion was shared by others we spoke to on the ship.

The three days extension in Beijing was very good. Headphones where provided to group members. Dinner at the Hall of the People: Nice to see the venue but the food was bland and loaded with MSG or a similar additive. I don't know why headphones where provided in Beijing and not on ship based tours.

Bottom: If you want R&R, Crystal was great. If you want to be educated about the area you are visiting have a car/driver/guide or go with a group (university, etc).

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crystal Cruise review

Having worked for Crystal for 4+ years, I cannot say enough about the onboard staff, safety in the line's history, ports and port agents (everyone wants to work with Crystal) and in general the feeling of importance as a guest onboard. Since they have become all - inclusive their services and guest experience is unmatched.

Reply to: Crystal Cruise review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted