We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riverboat cruises through France

nj
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
riverboat cruises through France

Has anyone been on a recent riverboat cruise through France? What riverboat cruise line did you use and what can you tell me about it.The food, the rooms, the tours etc any and as much info that you can give would help. Thank you

Denver, Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: riverboat cruises through France

Hello. I haven't been on a river cruise myself but am looking for additional information as well. I've been researching on forums and online for awhile. My travel agent recommended Avalon Waterways but I have never traveled with them. Have you been on river cruise? My agent has been on 3 different cruises with Avalon. Have you checked them out? They have some new ships that are apparently top notch--big rooms, floor to ceiling windows, etc. I actually have downloaded some brochures from them and have narrowed it down for a few--the brochures were helpful! Anyways, just thought that I would share what I've found. Best of luck with your vacation planning! In case you haven't researched Avalon yet here is the link to their site: avalonwaterways.com/Cruise-Vacations/France/

nj
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riverboat cruises through France

thank you for your reply

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riverboat cruises through France

A friend of mine did a river cruise in France last year and she loved it !! I'm pretty sure it was with Avalon.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riverboat cruises through France

Know anything about Vanguard cruises from Paris?? They are offereing some great two for one deals now.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riverboat cruises through France

Where do you want to go in France? I did the one week River Baroness from Paris to Honfleur and including the Normandy beaches. I'd like to say that the outstanding itinerary was the highlight but in truth the wonderful French food (you could order plain or alternate items...but why) is what I recall most followed by the fascinating guests that we met onboard. This is the only company that has honors from Zagat for dining and staterooms of all your options.

There is also a one week cruise in the south of france also with uniworld.com. So many folks were completing our cruise and then going to the next. Actually it is sold as a two week cruise or the one week that we did. If you are a member of a club like AAA I bet you didn't know you could book travel with them. We did.

Oh, also, you need to see beyond the 2 for 1 marketing and see the bottom line. You don't have to go with the cheapest, just know what you are actually paying I suggest.

Edited: 3:27 pm, May 23, 2012
Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riverboat cruises through France

Thank you. Very helpful.

We are interested in Normany and have a bit limited time so found this riverboat through Viking. However, you are so right. Can't go on price alone, and they "get-you" some way along the way.

Will contact AAA and also look at Uniworld. Also, it Was Viking not Vanguard that I originally mentioned.

7. Re: riverboat cruises through France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, June 19, 2013