We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

msc orchestra

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
msc orchestra

trying for a second time to get info. on a cruise on the " orchestra"

its our first time cruising with this company. would love to hear a few opinions on the food & staff & entertainment etc.

thanks in advance

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,779 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: msc orchestra

I think you'll find a lot more info on MSC and their ships over on Cruise Critic. Have a look.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: msc orchestra

going to st petersburg & hoping to see all the interesting sights. where do i start ? all suggestions welcome.

thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: msc orchestra

One has to speak generally about a particular cruise line especially with an itinerary that is common to a number of cruise lines as yours to the Baltic is.

In summary re MSC (although you could get more detail from Cruise Critic).Lovely ships, very clean and well-maintained inside and out..Low lead-in cruise prices.Great choice of itineraries starting in Italy.Very busy with kids-high proportion of children because they do offers eg kids sharing parents cabin go free,and they take up deck space.Quality of food not a strong point and not always round the clock availability.Announcements over the PA in many languages and English is down the list of this Italian cruise line.You will have your cruise card white hot with the everyday minor treats that you might have expected to be included.

Service and entertainment-average.Just.

You will not be allowed to explore alone in St Petersburg unless you have a visa.So expensive organised tours are your option there.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: msc orchestra

Hi there!

Did your cruise alreade take place?

How did it go?

I am thinkning to travel on MSC Orchestra in November in Mediterranean.

Did you pay a lot extra on board? Is the ship appropriate for elder people?

(I am planning to take my mom, 78 y.o., not the best walker any more)

If you are still interestend in information about St.Petersburg - i would be happy to assist.

Many thanks and best regards,

Olga

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: msc orchestra

hi olga, yes i have had cruise on m s c. having cruised with royal carribean & fred olsen m s c would not compare with either of them. we were very disappointed with the staff, the food was not the best & at times it was impossible to get a seat at lunch. i honestly would not recommend it for your mom.

have you cruised before?

think again before booking m s c.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: msc orchestra

Hi again!

Thanks for the advice! It is very important for me.

In the meantime I read some reviews on cruisecritics and got same impression, however those postings were quite old, was hoping it has changed for better... so it did not...

No I haven't been cruising before, the idea is to arrange trip for mom + for me to practice italian :) So i will be checking other Italian cruiselines.

Edited: 3:21 pm, August 14, 2011
Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: msc orchestra

Hi, my family and I just returned from Europe and an MSC Cruise. We have cruised at least 10 times. I would highly recommend the bigger lines such as Royal Car, Princess, and Norwegian. MSC was very disappointing. The food was sub-substandard at best. The ship itself was lovely but the food and entertainment was poor quality. I suggest looking at other lines

MSergi

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: msc orchestra

Hi, MSergi, Thank you for the warning, I will look at other cruiselines !

Olga

9. Re: msc orchestra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 15, 2012