We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland America Laundry Service

South Florida
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holland America Laundry Service

Some services return clothes a few sizes smaller and rumpled. What can I expect of Holland America.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

December 07 on Zuiderdam, I was pleasantly surprised. Aside from the fact I prefer unscented detergent, I can't fault the service.

In SC - SB - SA - PS cabins, laundry/dry cleaning/pressing is included (this applied to us). For all other cabins, you can have it done per item ($$!), buy an unlimited laundry package (or pressing only) or - the most popular option - have laundry done at around $12 per bag.

All our laundry came back immaculately ironed, without shrinkage.

You may choose to have items items returned on hangers, or folded. Folded items are almost "gift wrapped" - returned in a wicker basket, folded, between layers of tissue paper.

Be sure to request another laundry check list from your steward when your laundry is returned, in case you wish to send out again.

The only negative feedback I've heard from any HAL ship re: laundry was on Westerdam, first Alaska cruise this season. Clothing was still immaculate, but folded basket presentation was missing. Some stewards were lax about replacing laundry checklists for further orders. No way of telling if this was a blip, or a trend.

South Florida
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

Thank you for replying. I have had some terrible experiences with laundry services in the past. I'm packing for a family of four and I didn't want to worry about losing clothes while on vacation.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

You're welcome. HAL is exceptional about tracking items, so no lost clothes. Every single sock, etc. will have a numbered tag (tiny, yellow, adhesive, comes off with a tug - I still keep finding them inside items I had laundered!) Of course, you must list things just as thoroughly when you send out the order.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

We were on the Zuiderdam the week after fannish. Agree about the laundry. Nicely done, nothing shrunk, came back neatly folded with tissue in baskets or on hangers.

We did the stuff everything you can in a bag for one price and got a remarkable amount of laundry done very cheaply.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

Now on the Zuiderdam you pay 120. for unlimited laundry/pressing. we will be travelling to Panama Canal for 21 days. It is nice to know that they take good care of the clothes!

6. Re: Holland America Laundry Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 29, 2009