We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

captains evening

lancashire england
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
captains evening

we are first time cruisers sailing on carnival destiny 5th sept , just read that not many people go formal now on the two nights, we are so dissapointed as we thought it was a great opportunity to get all glammed up ,please can anyone enlighten us on this subject as we are counting the days now 28 YIPPEEEE

United States
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: captains evening

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines. We saw a lot of people dressed up nice. I wore my glitter since it was my chance to use it. The cruises that we have taken, we saw more people dressed up than not.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: captains evening

For a more formal atmosphere - Crystal, Celebrity or HAL would be my choice. Carnival is not known for formality -- and I will leave it at that. There are dozens of posts about Carnival, they do cater to a younger, shall we say "fun-loving" crowd.

Formal nights have become a bit of a problem in general due to the restrictions on luggage imposed by the airlines -- and the fact that many people do not have formal attire in our informal society. Some people just don't want to bother.

You didn't say where you are going, but I hope you have a great time.

3. Re: captains evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 07, 2009