We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

CT
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

Just booked a cruise of out Port of Miami. Flying into Miami International arriving at 10 a.m.

Someone mentioned there are shuttles at the airport to Port of Miami. Do I need to call ahead and reserve? Or do you just show up? And... do these shuttles just show up at the port to bring you back to the airport too? Any info will be appreciated!

Empress of the Seas 02

Enchantment of the Seas 04

Sovereign of the Seas 05

Empress of the Seas 06

*Majesty of the Seas 08

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

I think you book the shuttle thru Royal Caribbean. The taxi is $24.00 flat fee to the port. It is a 10 minute ride. Sometimes people have complained about waiting for the shuttle or waiting for it to fill up. I have never taken either as we live in Miami.

CT
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

Thanks.

Maybe I will just jump in a taxi. I hate waiting for shuttles to fill up. I have plenty of time to research. I'll ask travel agent about Royal Caribbeans shuttle service too.

any other info out there??

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

We took the Royal Carribean shuttle and NEVER AGAIN! We were waiting around along time for it to fill up to get to the boat. It was even worse leaving the ship to go to the airport. We waited 45 minutes on the bus.... it would have been so much easier to get a taxi. We were on Majesty in March.. have fun!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

Given that the airport in Miami is close enough to the Port that the taxi fare is only $24.00 there is no reason to mess with a shuttle if more than one person is traveling. You are going to save little, if any money. If you have a party of 3 or 4 you would actually pay more for the per person charge of a shared shuttle than a private taxi. Just walk ouside the termainal and grab a taxi. It is much easier.

Now if you are flying into the Ft. Lauderdale airport, that's a different story. Then you need to look at shuttles or pay much more for a taxi .

CT
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

Thanks everyone. I will take a taxi. There is just two of us. I hate shuttles anyhow...

Are there plenty of taxi's available when you get off the ship and need to get back to the airport?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

Yes. When you come out of the cruise terminal in Miami, there will be a taxi line directly in front of you.

7. Re: Miami Airport to Port of Miami - Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 06, 2009