We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code for celebrity cruises

ayrshire scotland
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
dress code for celebrity cruises

first time cruiser. regarding the dress code for dinner on celebrity cruises. know about the formal nights but can you wear a shirt and dress trousers for the informal nights or do you stick to the website advice of wearing a jacket

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

In general, I understand the answer is yes. For more details and comments from seasoned cruisers, have a look at the celebrity board on cruisecritic.com - boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

I know "informal" sounds like it should be close to "casual"...but, instead, it's supposed to be just one small step down from "formal". That's why the website specifies jacket/shirt/tie for men.

Here's a thread at CruiseCritic on the Celebrity board where dress codes are discussed:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

Ooops - Anon, you typed faster - sorry for duplication in my post!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

Fannish, your link was (as usual) much more focussed and better than mine...

Derbyshire England
Level Contributor
416 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

HI Billy

When we did Celebrity in 2005, informal nights were definately suits, or at least trousers and jacket...........

thats not to say that they wont let you in restaurants if you're not 'correctly' dressed..........we had a spanish guy on the next table to us, who was wearing chino style trousers with a t.shirt that had a picture of a shirt and bow tie on it (do you know the ones I mean).he also only ever wore sandals with bare feet, everynight.......I thought he looked a scruffy oik!!

WE are going on another celebrity cruise in Sept ........cant wait!!

6. Re: dress code for celebrity cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 03, 2009