We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Breakfast.

I have posted this question before but I don't know what's happened to it as it seems to have vanished..!! So Sorry if it has been seen and even answered by someone.! My question is.. Do they have sit down breakfasts with waiter service on Marella Discovery 2? As I dislike buffet meals. Thankyou. (I have emailed TUI asking this but as yet no reply)

5 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,615 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Breakfast.

Hi,

I put Marella Discovery 2/breakfast into Google and found this:

https:/…

There is sit down breakfast served in the main dining room from 7Am-10AM .

I have also found that phone calls to the any ship's office is more effective than e mail to ask questions.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Breakfast.

Much appreciated..Many Thanks.

South Devon, United...
12 posts
3. Re: Breakfast.

Not sure if you have had your cruise yet,BUT we have just returned from Discovery 2,

Hope you like a long wait for a sit down table in the evening....40 mins and 50 mins, and once we was in there so many empty tables.

So we went in to the islands which is self service, it has the same menu as the restaurants,with out the 40/50 mins wait. plus so many deserts to have. really recommend the islands

Rugby, United...
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Breakfast.

We were on the Marella Discovery 1 on a Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago. The first morning we went to Islands buffet for breakfast and hated it. Talk about a bunfight, with a lack of tables for a start. After that we went in the main dining room (47) every morning for a nice relaxing time, and being waited on. We had every evening meal in 47 as well and never had to wait long, although we did go in more or less at the beginning of service.

South Devon, United...
12 posts
5. Re: Breakfast.

Unfortunately, we was told by waiters that a. they are under staffed and b the way people are sent in now is different, dont ask me what is different but compared to last year, although it was a different ship,the service was bad.

Yes breakfast in the Islands can be a bit of a bun fight if you go at 8am, but enjoyed our breakfast, we took it outside some days so nice to eat in the fresh air.

Reply to: Breakfast.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions