We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

Maryland
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

My husband and I are traveling to Hawaii in March. We will be flying US Air from the east coast to Phoenix, then on to Maui. I have several questions that I cannot seem to find the answers to. What snacks can be packed and carried on with the new restrictions? Does US Air offer much in the way of food service? Will we be allowed to purchase food in Phoenix and carry it on the plane to Maui? I would greatly appreciate any information on these topics or where I may find some of the answers. Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

here is what they serve

usairways.com/awa/…menu.aspx

you can also take food with you on plane as long as its not liquid (i.e. no soup) :)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,603 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

My sister flew here las tweek and she was able to buy food after she went through security and then bring that on board. Tha tseems to be the way it is done now. You can bring food from home if it does not contain liquids or gels which are banned. For instance you could bring fried chicken or a sandwich without mayo etc. I don't think any of the airlines offer much in theway of food like they used to. You can find out US Airways policy on their web site under FAQ.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,131 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

"For instance you could bring fried chicken or a sandwich without mayo etc. "

I don't think TSA will take the bread off the sandwich to check for mayo lol.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,603 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

Who knows what a security person will do!!! I heard someone was not allowed to bring on a Peanut butter sandwich andNOT because of peanut allergies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

You can buy anything after you've gone through security and take it on board with you.

6. Re: US Airways to Phoenix (food issues)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 26, 2009