We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Bangkok?

New York City, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying into Bangkok?

I plan to go to Bangkok in March...whats better? Flying in late at night then sleeping at your hotel or flying in earlier and staying up all day? By the way I'm coming from CA.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Bangkok?

I fly to Bangkok alot you might want to think in reverse are you a morning or night travelor

if you leave ca in morning you arrive in bangkok late at night

if you leave at night you arrive in Bangkok in the morning.

I usually like to arrive mid morning. if I am staying in Bangkok

I am flying this sat and will arrive late at night sunday as I have a 6:00 am connecting flight.

with me I like to have about 10 hrs of sleep after I land so I don't want to get to sleep until I have enought time .

but i am also cheap I hate to pay for a hotel room for only a few hrs of sleep.

Seattle
Level Contributor
142 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Bangkok?

That totally depends on how well you sleep on the plane. If you are like me and can't sleep on the plane, you want to arrive at night so you can sleep. But if you sleep on the plane, you'll be able to last the day.

Also depends on where your hotel is... if it's far from the airport it might be better to arrive in the day.

I flew in at night and stayed at the nice, but extremely expensive, airport hotel.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Bangkok?

I would add that when choosing airline also do check the return flight times ! NW and UA both have very early departures from Bangkok on the return so do think about that when choosing the routing, I am not certain but I think if I remember right NW is a 6 am departure and UA 7 am departure. from Bangkok.

Also do check on the Thai "non-stop" to Bangkok from LAX.

4. Re: Flying into Bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 22, 2009