We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connections In Dallas

Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Connections In Dallas

Arriving in Dallas from Puerto Vallarta on March 8 at 15:50 on American Airlines. Departing Dallas on March 8 at 17:15 on American Airlines. Will this be enough time (85 minutes) to clear customs and make our connection to MPLS. We have never flown through Dallas before, and are not familiar with the airport (size, terminals, etc.). Any advice, or suggestions woiuld be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connections In Dallas

I haven't cleared Immigration and Customs in Dallas since right before they opened the new Interntational Terminal. However, it went very quickly if I recall correctly so you shold be fine. It is a huge airport but their new tram system works very well!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connections In Dallas

You should be fine. Anything less than an hour would concern me. You will arrive at the new terminal and most likely have to goto term A or C. The quickest way is to use the new skylink (train). It takes about five minutes on average to get to the other terminals and I've never been on it more than ten mins.

The new terminal (D) has a better system for processing passengers. Since the flight schedules were changed a couple years ago, (planes come and go throughout the day instead of huge arriving/departing banks) the lines at customs/immigrations have been alot shorter. You will be on a MD80 which means only 120 people instead of 200+ on a 757/767/777.

Good luck!

Mike in Tulsa

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connections In Dallas

If you land on time, you should make it. Worse case: AA has a later flight (around 20:00 direct to MSP.

Paul

Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Connections In Dallas

Thanks for the replies. Paul, the later flight to MPLS is good, however, we would miss our connection to Grand Forks by NWA at 9pm. We just have to hope that we can get to Dallas on time, and get through customs quickly in order to make our connection with AA. Since it is a AA connection, maybe thay will wait a few minutes if needed to accommodate passengers?

5. Re: Connections In Dallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 17, 2009