We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

We are going to Montego Bay Jan 1-8. Airfare doesn't seem to be coming down and the other couple going with us is very insistent on using Priceline for the airfare. After reading that you can depart anytime up to 2am the following day and arrive any time the next day, etc.... I am a little worried. I have heard horror stories about priceline. Has anyone had any experience with priceline and international flights? I don't want to be left sitting in an airport for 12 hours with 2 kids in tow. Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,074 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

I wouldn't use priceline when children are involved fo rJUST the reason you stated. You do NOT know what the route or schedule will be when you are bidding. I think that pricei s not the only consideration,especially with children. I also prefer not to have to land and take off many times on a trip therefore I would only use priceline when it is a very UNcomplicated journey and if I didn't really care what time I arrived.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,074 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

ONe more thing, I have been looking at other web sites for you . all the cheaper fares involve at least 2 stops(up and down) Perhaps, If money is a real consideration you could chnage you rdestination. I fyou go to Stthomas fo rinstance(from Nashville not knoxville) i know not our city but more flights, Then it's under $500 otherwise I don't see anyhthng lower. Florida is also cheaper but you must already know that. Sorry.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

Hi there.

If you can change the return to 1 day later: Delta has availability Knoxville-Atlanta-Montego Bay vice versa for 01 jan outbound and 09 jan inbound. USD 498.00 incl taxes for the adults and USD 430.00 for the kids until 12 years of age.

In my opinion far more preferrable than Using priceline and just wait and see for your connections.....

1. DL 1203 DATE 01JAN TYSATL 0740 0850

2. DL 683 DATE 01JAN ATLMBJ 0951 1245

3. DL 358 DATE 09JAN MBJATL 1709 2010

4. DL 1299 DATE 09JAN ATLTYS 2250 2337

Regards.

Marcel

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

Thanks for the info. We usually fly out of Atlanta or Charlotte which is about 3 hours away. A rental house is already set up so can't really change the destination. I went a head and tried priceline last night about 4 times, but they wouldn't except the flights. I kept going up on price until I was within $50 per ticket of the lowest fare I had found and they still wouldn't accept the price. I figure $50 per ticket is not worth all the hassle of not being able to pick your seats, flights, etc. This was my first experience with priceline and I suspect my last.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

What is the itinerary and price you have right now?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,074 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

Flying from Atlanta th echeapest pric eI found was$447 which doesn't sound too bad to me but for a family that would add up. I used www.kayak.com to compare prices.

inverness, fl
Level Contributor
399 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

Priceline is not the bargain people think it is. The advertiseing is good, the delivery is something else. When Priceline started up, part of their start-up costs involved buying blocks air tickets which they then resold at severe discounts....you know, 40% or so......and once they were established, you went through the bidding charade to pay the same if not more than everyone else was paying elsewhere.

Hey,.... caveat emptor.....never dissapeared.

8. Re: Priceline airfare to Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 16, 2009