We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

united airoines reliability

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
united airoines reliability

I heard that United Airlines frequently cancels flights, and that the ones that do take off are late so that you often miss your conncections. I need to fly from Madison WI to Salt Lake City in Frebruary. Should I try another airline, or stick with United, which has the most and cheapest flights?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,712 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: united airoines reliability

"Ken, I have had some good flights on Delta, but many would disagree with you!

www.deltareallysucks.com"

But really every airlines has fans and detractors. Some people only have one trip on an airline and get delayed for an hour and spend the next 3 years saying "Airline X is horrible..."

I've had great flights and crews on Delta and United...and America West and Aer Lingus. And American. And probably 5-6 others over the years.

I've also had horrible experiences with the same airlines from time to time.

USA & Altai Kray...
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: united airoines reliability

Irish --

Agree with you wholeheartedly! Our Delta experiences just happen to have all been great with good crews, good service, no delays and no luggage problems. Same for United. My one America West trip was a total disaster when an AirWest reservation agent booked me on a connecting flight that wasn't even scheduled to fly that night -- it only flew 3 nights a week, but not on the one I was flying. That one wasn't fun because a parent was dying and I was making an emergency trip hoping to "get there" in time! Continental/KLM gave us excellent service, but lost luggage for a day and a half on an international flight from U.S. to Russia. And Aeroflot has always been fterrific when we've flown with them quite a few times -- well except for a couple of unruly passengers -- (but that's another rant thread! ;-) -- altho' we've heard a few stories from others that make one shudder re: Aeroflot delays and luggage problems. So, yes, it's easy to generalize, and we've all had our good and bad experiences.

Mission Viejo, CA...
Level Contributor
616 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: united airoines reliability

United will take care of you, just try not to be the last flight out of your connection. This is probably the quickest route other than a direct by Delta. I am a Premium 1k member at United and their service for those that are members is generally much better than those who aren't. I remember my post member days and they weren't as joyful as they are now. All in all, United provides good service with one of the best networks and route system in the country. No airline provides perfect service in which everyone is happy, but then again people that are unhappy tend to have more of a reason to post stuff on websites creating bad images of service.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: united airoines reliability

Now I don't travel a TON, but 3 times I've been screwed by United. (1) Milwaukee to Denver to Tahoe - Flight Canceled

(2) Jackson WY to Denver to Milwaukee - Lost luggage (but returned promptly to my door the next morning)

(3) Aspen to Denver to Milwaukee - Lost luggage (It has been 2 days and they still don't know where my luggage is... and it has a nearly indestructable name tag built into my Samsonite hard shell so I know if someone just looked at the dang thing they could get a hold of me.)

RELATED: I'm looking for details from someone who has been through a lost luggage claim ... can anyone point me in the direction of another forum or individuals who have some tips? I want to be sure I get maximum value back.

THANKS!

15. Re: united airoines reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 18, 2009