We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Geelong Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Business Class consolidator - discounted business class seat

today, 17:14

Hi all

has anyone had experience using

Business Class consolidator to buy discounted business class seats ?

I want my elderly parents to travel in comfort but the regular price is a bit more than I can afford.

Thanks Jenni

110 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Certainly not for me, airlines don't hand out heavily discounted Business Class tickets like that.

Something else caught my eye too, on their home page they have misspelt address (spelt as adress) on the Contact Us section.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

They are most likely selling tickets using airline miles that frequent fliers have sold them. This is against the airline rules and there is an increasingly high chance of your ticket being cancelled. Sometimes at the airport or at a connection. In which case your money is gone and you need a new ticket !

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Yes., I have done so on a number of occasions.

However, the days of doing that with near perfect precision are over.

Regualrly these tickets are being cancelled (often while you are already overseas)

No longer a solid option, especially for elderly parents travelling.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Only real discount I'm aware of is to purchase a restricted Business Class ticket. Some airlines do offer these on their sites. Big difference is these come with change fees and restrictions similar to Economy flight restrictions, but can often cost much less than an unrestricted Business Class ticket.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,091 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

I posted the following as a response on the identical thread in the Bargain Travel forum:

It's a risk using these companies, and the risk is increasing all the time. Airlines have been cracking down on anything that is in breach of their terms and conditions, and there have been increasing numbers of reports of people having their tickets cancelled at the airport. They then are unable to travel unless they purchase new tickets at walk up prices.

You need to think very carefully about whether you want your parents to be in such a position.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Does anyone know why these cheap business class scam sites only seem to operate in the US and Australia? Why does whatever their business model is work there and not elsewhere?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,123 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

It is sometimes worth using a good old fashioned travel agent, one in your home town. If you have a more complicated itinerary they can sometimes get a little bit off the ticket price but no great savings.

I booked this way to NZ this year. A TA uses a genuine old fashioned consolidator, tickets are good not bought with miles. Consolidators such as these are able to put together difficult itineraries that can't be found on search engines or on airline web sites.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

Does anyone know why these cheap business class scam sites only seem to operate in the US and Australia? Why does whatever their business model is work there and not elsewhere?

=====

At a guess....

US = big market, pioneered air miles, lots of air miles knocking around to be spent.

Australia = long way from most places hence more requirements for business class comfort because of long flights which will be more common from Oz than elsewhere. (e.g. percentage of flights to from OZ being longhaul is higher than most other places)

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

At a guess....

US = big market, pioneered air miles, lots of air miles knocking around to be spent.

Australia = long way from most places hence more requirements for business class comfort because of long flights which will be more common from Oz than elsewhere. (e.g. percentage of flights to from OZ being longhaul is higher than most other

====================

All makes sense of course but you would have thought there would also be significant markets in Europe and Asia. Europe you can probably explain by better regulation but why not Asia I wonder?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator

you would have thought there would also be significant markets in Europe and Asia. Europe you can probably explain by better regulation but why not Asia I wonder?

=======

I'd say not regulation. This is not illegal. I'd say its that the percentage of long haul flights being bought in Europe is much lower, so less need, plus with shorter flights and more LCCs, fewer airmiles are being earned to fuel this business.

In Asia, the FF schemes aren't in as great supply AFAIK.

And whilst these businesses may be based in Oz or US they do of course serve a worldwide market, so its tough to break into if there are already folk out there with contacts to get the miles in the first place. I'd hazard a guess that the source of most airmiles is USA.

Reply to: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted