We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excel Airways

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excel Airways

Anyone flown with Excel particularly in the extra leg room seats - going to SSH Egypt with them.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excel Airways

Flew to Rhodes,a couple of years ago with them.Was so glad i booked the extra leg room.Hubby is 6ft 2,and would have had his knees in his chin in a normal seat.Comfy blue leather,and worth the cost,to be honest.

I have managed to book outward leg to Lanzarote in december(21st),but can't book the return till next week...maybe...?

Don't bother trying to book on line,it's a waste of time,as it will not accept your booking reference.I pointed this out when i rang in to book,as it cost an extra fiver each(,total £37 for 2 pax),but the agent couldn't have cared less.I requested the 2 seats in the middle of the aircraft,when i contacted them,and the reply was,"oh we only reserve a legroom seat,not the seat number."What's that all about then..??? It's a bit of a con if you ask me !!!

Have so far been told 3 different dates to ring in again for return leg.Not very organised at all,but hey,,,,we won't be packed in like sardines.!

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excel Airways

Hi Tifin, I was told exactly the same 3 different dates etc., eventually I just booked our outward flight to Egypt on line and rang them up to book the return flight. Got 3 seats together and 3 extra legroom on each flight, will report back in January on the flight.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excel Airways

Have got a bit fed up with them to be honest,as don't want to miss out on return leg,cos they can't give the right information.

Took the agents name this time,and stated that i would not be impressed if the seats have been sold when i ring in again.

Xmas is a busy time,and there's only 11 seats.Fingers crossed we get them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excel Airways

Can't understand it Tiffin we're going week before Christmas and coming back mid Christmas week and they booked us the seats and that was over a month ago!

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excel Airways

We fly out on 21st december and return 4th of January..me thinks they're havin a giraffe.Will ring them in the morning perhaps,as they do state within 3 months on their information.(which it is now).

Thanks for telling me this,can give em what for ...lol !

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excel Airways

How did you get on Tiffin???? They shouldn't do that - different rules depending on which Agent you speak to...

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excel Airways

Rang them this morning.Still can't book til 1st of November,as the agent said it is not on their system yet.Well hey ho,fingers crossed til then i suppose.

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excel Airways

Can't understand this - have you tried booking through the website and just putting 'one way flight' in? I did it this way and rang them to book the return flight? Worth a try. We're only going out a week before you and we booked at the end of September!

Try again......

Rx

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excel Airways

Nope,it's not having any of it.

Will just ring them on the 1st of november,which was another date i was told today.

Have tried to go to complaints,on their website earlier....but it just says to write in ,as the e-mail is not available.Surprise surprise !!!

Think i will actually,as have been told 4 different dates to ring back up to press,and tbh,i'm not playing now lol !

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excel Airways

Can't understand it....keep at it..I know how frustrating it is when you get different stories from different people...