We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

bham,england
Level Contributor
39 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

we are travelling to hong kong for a few days then travelling on and around oz.

We will br travelling onCathay Pacific,JetStar and Virgin Blue can anyone rate them? how good are they comfort? etc

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

usually friendly Steve, obviousy there is a prob with some flying Qantas, thats why I said personal choice and opinion.

You enjoy Q and dont mind the extra, thats a personal opinion.

And I dont care who flies who.I fly watever when it suits.

I am not picking at all here.

Lil xx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,609 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

I do NOT have a problem with flying Qantas. I fly with them every week. I am a Q frequent flyer and member of Qantas Club (my employer pays) - its just that it is not correct to say that Qantas gives you food without "additional cost" when the cost of the tickets in the first place is generally well above the cost of the other airlines. And as Ive said far too many times on this forum I always choose flights based on price when I am paying for myself.

As far as I'm concerned re service and comfort there is no difference at all between our three main airlines but scheduling can be an issue in some cases.

And steve for people who are from England as is the OP they possibly will not understand the different pricing structures in force here, that is why I thought it needed to be spelt out.. Perhaps I was a bit too sarcastic though so sorry about that.

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

hi bham.rich

I have flown with both Virgin Blue and Jetstar.....even though they are discount airlines they are pretty good for what you pay for...I agree with mozzie....who wants to pay an extra 60-100 bucks for a packet of chips, drink etc......

I do prefer Virgin over Jet Star though as it is a little roomier and have flown with them quite a bit....never had any trouble and staff are freindly

Have only flown with jetstar once and the lift off and landing weren't all that great but i think that was a onetime thing...normally there fine as i know many people who have never had trouble with them.

I would give virgin a 4.5. rating for what u pay 4 and Jetstar a 3

14. Re: cathay pacific,jetstar and virgin blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 27, 2009