We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium economy to NZ

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Premium economy to NZ

Can anyone tell me please which airlines fly to NZ with a DOWNSTAIRS premium economy cabin.My mother would not manage to climb the stairs so Air NZ is def.out.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium economy to NZ

hi, what I could suggest for you as I have the same problem with myself and my mother not being able to do stairs.

Garuda fly Brisbane to Auckland, business class price downstairs, is actually cheaper than Air New Z premium economy, and the other carriers I could think of, like Qantas and Emirates and United etc.

we are going to fl;y to Brisbane from melbourne to connect to this one ,as adding on the $200 return from Melb to brisbane works out cheaper all up!!

its actually $599 with garuda!

cheapest ive found.

hope helps a bit.

Lill xx

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium economy to NZ

It depends on the route. Air NZ's new 777s do not have an upper deck so premium economy is downstairs. So do check before ruling out Air NZ. Admittedly most flights starting from the UK use 747s, but there again I recommend checking before discarding our national airline for what is, of course, a very valid reason.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium economy to NZ

Sorry to do a double post, but I read recently that due to the popularity of Premium Economy Air NZ were extending the seats available. This may (?) mean downstairs in 747s, so suggest you contact them. Hope these comments help.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium economy to NZ

Lill I don't think Garuda is an option flying from Heathrow.Mum would not be able to cope with changing airlines enroute.She finds a 2 hour layover bad enough.

Lilibet thanks for the info on Air NZ.Husband and I are flying out with them this December so I'll certainly checkthis out.The present upstairs cabin certainly doesn't look very big so it would probably be in their interest to add some downstairs seats if they are proving to be so popular.

5. Re: Premium economy to NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 25, 2009