We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair question

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair question

Hi - I have just booked to go to Benidorm over the New Year period. This will be the first time I have flown with Ryanair and also the first time I've had to print out my own boarding passes. I understand that if I do not wish to purchase my seats the soonest I can check in is 7 days before flight and then I will only be able to get the outward bound seats allocated - my question is can I check in 7 days before outbound flight and have my seats allocated for me and then pay for my seats for the return journey? I really don't want to have to start looking for somewhere to print out boarding passes when I'm away and just wondered if Ryanair let you book the seats one way!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair question

No you can only check in 7 days before your homeward flight. If you want to avoid this, then pre book your seats.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair question

Since Ryanair is a point to point carrier you can book seats only for the return journey.

You didn't book a round trip like with BA, even if you don't make your flight to Benidorm for some reason you return ticket will still be valid and not cancelled like BA would in case you miss the outbound flight.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair question

Yes you can prebook your return flights only if you wish.

Refreshing to see a reasoned calm poster on a Ryanair check in thread, not the usual illogical ranter saying how much of a rip off it is.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair question

I'm going away for 10 days - is it not possible just to prebook seats on return journey only (which would mean I can check in for that journey 30 days beforehand) and just check in for the outbound flight 7 days before?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair question

Thanks Mr Marcoos, that's exactly what I wanted to know. So I can prebook seats and check in for my return journey before actually checking in for my outbound journey?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,260 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair question

"is it not possible just to prebook seats on return journey only (which would mean I can check in for that journey 30 days beforehand) and just check in for the outbound flight 7 days before?"

Yes it is - just pre book seats on the return leg and check in up to 30 days beforehand and don't pre book seats on the outbound leg leaving you to check in 7 days beforehand.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair question

Brilliant....thanks Tom. Am I right in thinking standard seats are £5 each to pre book?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair question

Hollie prices to prebook vary depending on the route.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair question

You are absolutely right in what you want to do- book a seat on the return leg only and print from 30 days.

However, you do have choices.

There is an app for mobiles, and you can have your boarding pass on the mobile- no printing required

Or

Contact the hotel and ask. Hotels now know about Ryanairs boarding pass (mostly) and print it for you. Using the hotels internet I saved the boarding pass to print later, forwarded it by email to reception email and they printed it there and then. Not a penny, they were more than happy to do it, and there were hundreds of others in the folder. I think its a daily occurance

Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair question

You dont need to print them . You can check in via the app, which generates a pdf or qr code that you save on your smartphone, and security will scan that. Easy peasy!