We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

England, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

I'm flying with Virgin Atlantic to Las Vegas in a few days and i have access to Virgin's V - Lounge. On the website it mentions that V - lounge users can use the "Premium Security Channel".

My question is, what exactly is it and where in the airport?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

I think it is just a line at security that maybe only a few people use so it may be quicker? Security at LGW is very quick now in South Terminal. It only took us a couple of minutes last year to get through using an ordinary Channel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
787 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

I have used premium security at LGW north terminal, when travelling business class with BA.

We were the only ones there and it was quite separate from the regular lines.

Perhaps the south terminal has something similar ? Ask at the check in/bag drop when you reach the airport.

South of England
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

After check-in take the escalators up from the check-in level to the departure level. Follow the departure signs.

Just before you reach the main security area, on the left, you will see the Premium Security area.

4. Re: Gatwick Airport - Premium Security Channel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 02, 2015