We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

Aberdeenshire...
1 post
Save Topic
Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

Hi,

Ive only 15 tier points to gain to move up a level and i need to get them by the end of October.

My question is;

If I use my previously gained Avios to book a flight for myself and partner, will this go towards my tier points?

And will both flights count since one is not for myself but booked using my own Avios?

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

Neither will count - you can't earn Avios when flying British Airways on an Avios reward. There's a BA sale on now, best to book a quick, cheap flight in the sale

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

No. All all counts.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

Aberdeen to London heathrow a week tomorrow, less than £100 out morning back early evening, excellent tier point run to get you the points you need.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,321 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

+1 for ABZ to LHR and back again. Fly out before 0930 and you will be offered a hot breakfast (only on services to and from Scotland) and be pleased to know on the return that you will move up to the next tier.

uk
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

Good call on the mileage run but if your simply moving to Bronze from Blue, I'd question if the perks are worth £100.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

The 7 day early check in could be worth that on seat fees.

7. Re: Do you Gain Tier Points with British Airways Avios Flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 30, 2015