We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sport bottles in hold luggage.

Ayrshire, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Sport bottles in hold luggage.

We are travelling on holiday on Wednesday. Our flight arrives late and with a further journey to the resort it will be even later. We have a two and a half year old with us. He will more than likely be wanting a drink if he wakes during the journey. Will it be okay to take still juice and water contained in a bottle with a sports cap? I'm worried about it exploding. Thanks all.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

Shouldn't be a problem, especially if you leave a little air and don't fill it completely. For your own sanity, though, I would put them in a heavy duty zip-lock bag, so that if it does leak out you won't have to be doing laundry as your first task on your holidays. :-)

California
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

I don't see anything wrong in doing that. If it's still it shouldn't explode too.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

Have you thought about just asking the staff onboard for a bottle of water or fruit juice to take off with you? It would be much easier. What happens if your luggage is lost?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,897 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

Yes it will be fine in your hold luggage. Just to be safe, I'd put it inside a carrier bag and wrap it in a t-shirt or towel.

England, United...
Level Contributor
9,829 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

You could buy a couple of Fruit Shoots once you are airside at the UK airport, and also ask the cabin crew for water or a soft drink for your child on the flight.

Easier than fretting about a bottle leaking in your suitcase!

Mon

Ayrshire, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

To be honest it was more to do with the price of refreshments at the airport that made me think of this. I think that idea would make me feel at ease more though.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

If the bottle is full there is no reason it will "explode".

8. Re: Sport bottles in hold luggage.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 27, 2015