We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,502 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

We have a flight booked with KA from HKG to RGN on 4 March 2015.

As we have never flown this airline before, I had a good look around their website and googled around for some info, but failed to find answers to some of what I wanted to discover, so I am hoping some of the regulars on this forum who commute around Asia can help provide more info, please.

Our tickets are booked on BA's website as one ticket, the long haul leg from LHR to HKG is with BA. The ticket confirmation shows we already have allocated seats on KA (even though we don't have enough status to book our seats on BA until much nearer the departure date, unless we pay money). Can we change our seats ourselves online with KA or not? If we can, how would we do this? I tried to get into the seat selection area of BA's MMB facility, only to be told I'd need to pay to choose my seats at this stage.

I have an alpha-numeric PNR, but I assume that's only valid for BA's purposes.

Separately, please can somebody tell me what the likely aircraft will be? The website isn't clear on this and of course, it helps to know this to know what the best seats are likely to be. My ticket confirmation simply says words to the effect that the airline may change the aircraft!

Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

You will need a separate PNR for Dragonair. They are owned by Cathay Pacific so good service standard.

I was able to request aisle or window seat online. And about a month before my flight, was able to see my seat number. I wasn't able to change seats online. To do this, I had to create an online profile. Or you can call them directly.

You will also likely have to get your boarding pass for that leg in HK. Hope you have a reasonable amount of transfer time because their transfer desk can be long ways away. Last time I was there, had to walk 25 min. before waiting in line for another 30...

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,200 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

In the last week they have been using an A321-200 on the HKG/RGN routing, not sure whether it is a type 1 or 2 but both seat plans are here.

dragonair.com/ka/…aircraft-fleet.html

dragonair.com/ka/…a321-200-type-1.html

dragonair.com/ka/…a321-200-type-2.html

SS

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,502 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

Thank you for the info.

Yes, we have about 3 hours in HKG, and we know the airport fairly well, so should find ourselves to the correct place at the right time. We should be able to get our BPs before our departure in London as it's all One World.

SWT

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

I did a few KA flights last month.

It was all booked through our corporate travel agent but they were able to get me the KA PRN and I could select my seats straight away via the KA website. I do have OW status however so I'm not sure if that helped.

I found KA perfectly fine for the shortish legs I flew with them although they departed from a strange satellite of HK airport I'd never been to before which required a bus to reach. Kind of like the B and C gates at LHR T5 but you take a bus rather than a train to reach them. I was expecting this so I cut it a bit fine leaving the lounge.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,502 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

Thanks for that extra snippet, GE. We too will be passing any extra time in a lounge, so need to bear in mind the longer transit time to the gate.

I need to phone BA anyway, so will ask for the KA PNR at the same time.

SWT

6. Re: Dragon Air flights and seating allocation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 27, 2015