We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
337 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Were flying out of East Midlands airport on the 9th of sept, just wondering if anyone knew how busy it is there on a Tuesday as thinking of pre booking for fast track

Cheers in advance

West Yorks
Level Contributor
626 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

It's never been too busy when we have travelled Jet2 to tenerife on Tuesdays. You can buy a FastTrack ticket at the airport, but I have never thought it necessary. Once, when it was really busy, they opened the FastTrak lane to reduce the length of the queue.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,522 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

At EMA now there's usually only one staff on at passport control. You go through the lanes by placing your boarding pass over the monitor and the gates open.

This, I think is called "face recognition"

In the past few weeks have used EMA at least ten times on different days of the week.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,760 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

There is no passport control exiting the UK. I think the OP meant queues at security as there is no passport fast track.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,522 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Yes, meant to say security rather than passport control Ronald.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,760 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Ah that makes sense now. It was when you mentioned facial recognition which some airports now have for immigration that confused me.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,980 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Fast track was not open when I went through at 10.30 last week,security took about 15 minutes to get through with four lanes running.

As EMA is mainly a bucket & spade airport with few business flights their fast track (if open) is not a sophisticated as others.

Save your £3

SS

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

Cheers for the heads up. Will save my money, and dpend it in the bar instead!

8. Re: EMA queing on a tuesday lunch time???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 26, 2015