We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need San Salvador airport advice

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
need San Salvador airport advice

I'm flying from Costa Rica (SJO) to Chicago with a connecting flight in San Salvador (SAL). I'm flying into San Salvador on Lineas Aereas Costarricenses airline and flying out on TACA airlines. I have an hour and 10 minutes between flights. Will this be enough time?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need San Salvador airport advice

Looks like this is a very popular layover and my son did it last year with a shorter layover with the same two airlines and yes they made it .

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need San Salvador airport advice

Lacsa and Taca are basically the same airline , they'll probably hold the flight if connecting passengers are running late.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need San Salvador airport advice

Thank you so much, belomiser! I feel much more confident now. : )

Thank you, HaroldnMaude. Good to know they're basically the same airline. I'm not going to worry about making the connection anymore. Thank you!

Edited: 3:05 pm, August 19, 2014
4. Re: need San Salvador airport advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 21, 2015