We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vayama ticket cancellatin

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Vayama ticket cancellatin

I've 3 tickets to Manchester from Bangalore for 20th August 2014.Now i 'm requesting for date change and i received a shocking mail from them :

Per your request, we have calculated the current cost to exchange your airline ticket(s) for the following travelers:

Please respond to this email advising if you accept or reject this quote as soon as possible. If you accept the quote, we will complete the exchange of your tickets charging the credit card used for your original purchase. If you would prefer to use a different credit card, please call our Customer Care Center at 1.877.717.0210. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.

Once the exchange is completed we will send you a confirmation email with the updated information.

Please keep in mind that the airfare quoted can NOT be guaranteed until the exchange is processed and your new tickets have been issued. In addition, all changes MUST be completed ON or BEFORE the original or new date of departure whichever comes first

The charges to implement your requested changes are as follows:

Additional Airfare/person -$545.00 USD (Adult) // $400.00 USD (Child)

Airline Change Penalty/person -$82.00 USD

Vayama Service Fee/person -$100.00 USD

The amounts quoted are based on what is available at this time and CAN NOT be guaranteed until final processing and tickets have been issued.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you do not accept the change quote and decide NOT to travel on the scheduled travel dates, it is your must to contact Vayama and request for your itinerary to be cancelled BEFORE the scheduled date of departure. If your itinerary is not cancelled and you fail to travel on the scheduled dates, you will be considered a "no-show" and all ticket value will be lost."""

But I find tickets for the same date i requested for date change at a lower price in their website ..

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

Unsure if there is a question in their - you booked with Vayama and if you want to change then you're stuck with whatever option/costs they provide.

The fact that cheaper fares might be available on the website is not that relevant although you could mention it to them but it could be that the lower fares are in a different fare bucket to that originally booked.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

"But I find tickets for the same date i requested for date change at a lower price in their website .."

Probably in a more restricted booking class. If it's cheaper to buy a new ticket then just do that.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

Send a personal message to VayamaVoice. Follow the link below, and on the left hand side you'll see send message.

www.tripadvisor.com/members/VayamaVoice

Include ALL details, including your Vayama reservation number, and details of where you can be contacted.

That is a legit account for Vayama; they've been contributing on here for years.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

I'm not sure what's shocking to be honest? The change fees? The additional person?

Their website will be out of date as pricing is not live. The advertised prices probably aren't available. The fees you agreed to at the time of booking.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

What are the original fare rules on your tickets? What does it say about change fees?

If you have a restricted ticket that cannot be changes, you will have to pay to upgrade it to one that can have the dates changed...then change fees etc kick in

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

Sounds pretty standard to me. Change fee + fare difference + their processing fees. You could (as suggested) buy the cheaper fares online, but I'm almost sure your original tickets are non-refundable.

As far as the prices are not guaranteed issue. Again that's standard procedure. Fares are almost never guaranteed until the actual tickets are issued.

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

122Traveller573,

You have ZERO reason to complain. Vayama is just reflecting what the airline charges are for the change + $100 processing fee (which is pretty much the standard processing fee charged by all travel agencies for processing changes). So why are you complaining against Vayama? They should get high marks for clearly itemizing the charges and explaining things so clearly. If you are complaining about the airline's change fee note that airlines have different fare structures - you could initially either buy a higher fare ticket allowing for changes for a low fee, or buy a cheap ticket which has a very high change fee, and it seems that you originally opted for the latter. There is always a trade of and essentially it boils down to the passenger making that choice.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

I thought the OP was saying that the fare difference shouldn't be that high as the new flights are cheaper than the ones he bought. I know American Airlines will deduct the amount that the fare has gone down from the change fee if the fare drops, and I think other USA airlines will also, but I don't know how that works once you have booked through a 3rd party. I've done this on American, just because the price dropped more than the change fee (but that was in 2009 and the change fees were lower then), but I don't know if the fare bucket changed.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

"I thought the OP was saying that the fare difference shouldn't be that high as the new flights are cheaper than the ones he bought"

It doesn't really matter what is shown on an website, what matters is what he was quoted. He may or may not be eligible for the lower fare shown. The fare he was quoted should be what was quoted to Vayama by the airline rate desk.

When I was working CS (yes, I used to work for a 3rd party vendor), the procedure went something along this line:

1. Passenger calls CS and requests a change.

2. If it's a simple straightforward change, the agent completes it, verifies it with the customer and issues the new tickets.

3. If it's more complicated (and most are), the agent puts the customer on hold and calls the airline. Once the airline makes the change, they then have to call their rate desk to verify the new fare and the add collect (that's why you're on hold so long).

4. The agent then gets back with the customer, verifies the new changes and advises them of all additional charges and fees.

5. At this point, the passenger should have one last chance to accept or decline the changes.

6. If the passenger declines, everything is discarded and the ticket is left as is. If they accept, the changes are processed, the CC charged and new tickets issued.

It's true that AA would allow you to pay the change fee out of the fare difference if the fare went down, but not all US Airlines allowed this. With the merger, I'm not sure if AA still allows it as US Air had a completely different policy.

10. Re: Vayama ticket cancellatin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 18, 2015