We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Emirates

Hello,

I am currently on search for flight tickets, I want to buy the main flights on one ticket. Is this advisable.

On the Emirates website I have done a multiple destination and have put in the following:

Going: BHX-SIN and then returning: KUL-BHX.

This is because putting these destinations on one ticket works out cheaper than buying two one way tickets. Will I have any problems buying this as one return ticket?

I will be buying SIN-PEN and PEN-KUL tickets direct from Air Asia.

Also, does anyone have any idea if between now and say February Emirates will have a sale? I know no one can predict but from going from past experiences am I better to wait for a sale to purchase my tickets for March?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates

You should not have any problems.

Emirates have sales quite often.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates

Can't answer re best time to buy but booking BHX-SIN // KUL-BHX on a single ticket is what you should do. There is no need to you to buy 2 x one-ways

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates

Thank you!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates

You've done the right thing, as much cheaper than two 1 way tickets as I'm sure you've found

I am doing the same thing in Jan/Feb 2015, NCL to PVG, then BKK back to NCL, all on 1 ticket, I booked my flights back in April 2014 & its never been cheaper since.

Just keep an eye on the price regularly, so you know whats a good price. I check everyday when waiting to book my main flight, sometimes more :)

Just to add, always check days around when you want to travel, as just changing by a day or 2 can make a big difference to the price

Edited: 11:27 am, August 10, 2014
London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates

Yeah I have been checking everyday like a crazy lady! We had seen the flights on for 580pp but by the time we got leave approved from work they jumped again to around £700pp! So soon as they drop to 580-650 im going to book as that seems like a reasonable price!

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates

im not sure if this answers your question

i've just come back from asia a fortnight a go

i bought on etihad website the following

manchester- bangkok outbound

hong kong- manchester as my inbound/ return flight £525

i then bought my own connecting flights with airasia

if this has answered your question, then yes you can do it with emirates, i also looked at qatar, but etihad came out the cheapest between the three companies

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates

expect a sale around sept- nov, multiple airlines

i found out that airlines release special offer when sales dip

p.s etihad was a pleasent flight, i've had bad experience with emirates on a FEW occasions and will TRY to avoid them

etihad, qatar and emirates has come out as the best top ten airlines for the last few years as well

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates

MAS usually have another seat sale in mid November, if you can wait til then you should be able to get a good deal through to Penang.

9. Re: Emirates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 12, 2015