We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Premium

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Premium

Flying from MAN to Las Vegas in April 2015 in premium.

I know virtually nothing about this flight or the premium as I didn't book it. My husband did and he was enticed, by what he said, 46 kg luggage each. He likes shopping in LV when we go.

LV holidays is the one I never see to.

But, I am thinking that premium TC is not like premium Thomson. i know it is not like Virgin and BA.

So, can anyone tell me about this flight and seats.

Thanks!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,009 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Info on the current premium is on their website, but they are changing the premium product. It's supposed to from May 2015 though, and full details haven't been released yet.

www.formstack.com/forms/?1377828-m8hoZ0fSpu

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Thank you. I made DH print up our flight details as the website says only 25 kgs each. However, it is very clear on our details that we have 46 kgs each. So, I am fine. As far ar the other bits, the true premium service doesn't start until 1st May. I find that unusual as the financial year starts on 1st April. Any who, no worries! Buyins some water and soft drink at airport to take with us on the flight. Meals are included. So, all good.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,009 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

The start of a new product or change of an old one, premium or otherwise, has nothing to do with the financial year. It's to do with when the seasons start.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Cheers

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Are you absolutely sure that its 46 kgs EACH?? eg Normal Premium on Thomson is only 23 kgs each.

Or are you travelling with another tour op. who just happens to use Thos Cook for flights?

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Absolutely sure about the 46 kg each. It is in black and white on the paperwork direct from Thomas Cook airlines. Each specific bit is identified and how many of each. I suspect my husband may have paid extra for that amount of luggage considering we are going to be shopping.

We have booked flight only.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,027 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Flight only baggage can only be bought up to 45kg on the drop down menu costing £130 per person on the Thomas Cook Airline website with a note to say 'No one bag can exceed 30kg'

Angie.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

My details show...

Seat. 2C (Premium)

Hand Baggage. 6 kg

hold Baggage. 46 kg

Meals. Diabetic Meal

Upgrades. Priority Check in, pre boarding

I have a pic but unsure how to get it on here.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

…photobucket.com/albums/…imagejpg1-1.jpg

I think this will work.

Edited: 9:15 am, August 16, 2014
K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Premium

Maybe you get 2 x 23 kg bags each? As per BA premium economy? A 46kg bag is surely too heavy for baggage handlers to legal lift?!?!