We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
648 posts
38 reviews
Aer Lingus

I am just about to book flights for next year now that I have my ESTA. My plans are BHX - JFK via Dublin and returning from Boston - again via Dublin. These are the best fares across the pond that I can find and certainly cheaper than flying with United direct to Newark. Immigration clearance at Dublin for JFK but has anyone experienced Aer Lingus recently. Read mixed reviews and some compare it to a low cost airline.

bristol uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Aer Lingus

We did Bristol to NYC via Dubln a couple of years ago. Seem less transfers, quick USA Imigrations and customs, plane with some two seat rows so ideal for a couple travelling together. Reasonable food and drinks, good service and wonderful to arrive effectively as a domestic passenger. I would do this route again as it enables us to fly transatlantic from our local airport.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Aer Lingus

Certainly not a LCC in terms of service or cost, it is on par with other t/a carriers using them next month SEN-DUB-ORD and JFK-DUB-SEN,pre clearance at DUB on way out real bonus plus Aer Lingus may allow you to bid for BC upgrade, think the floor rate is about E300

Edited: 2:02 pm, August 09, 2014
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Aer Lingus

There are mixed reviews about every airline out there. Don't worry about it. Aer Lingus are decent.

Many bad reviews are from people who expect far too much.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
32,703 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Aer Lingus

Internally in Europe they operate as a LCC i.e. no free drinks etc. I like them but I (or rather my company) once paid over €600 for a round trip AMS to DUB which is pretty horrendous really.

But even with that I would not hesitate to fly them. Never flown them long haul though.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Aer Lingus

There's a difference between the shorthaul flights (which are LCC-like with food/drinks paid for separately) and the long haul flights which are fully comparable with the other transatlantic airlines.

6. Re: Aer Lingus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 am, August 21, 2014
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17,360 posts
456 reviews
7. Re: Aer Lingus

I will be using Aer Lingus from Houston to Dublin to Amsterdam back to Houston next month. So I will see how it goes.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia
Level Contributor
9,271 posts
220 reviews
8. Re: Aer Lingus

March 2014 Flew w/Aer Lingus BOS>DUB Return flight April 2014 DUB>BOS

Booked Sept. 2014 Aer Lingus BOS>SNN Return flight Oct. 2014 SNN>BOS

Zero problems.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Aer Lingus

I flew to Chicago from Birmingham via Dublin at Easter with Aer Lingus and I found them brilliant. Their A330s are new, clean and comfortable. Service excellent with decent food and good range of entertainment on board. I'd absolutely travel with them again, no hesitation.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17,360 posts
456 reviews
10. Re: Aer Lingus

Had a great flight on each end with them last week returning Wednesday. Would use them again in the future.