We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

I booked a flight on Expedia (as many times before) for Edinburgh to London and somehow British Airways has the middle name as the first name and the First name as the middle name. I am out of the country and phoned Expedia multiple times(costing a fortune), spoken to multiple people and supervisors and get a different answer each time. The worst customer service ever!!!!

British airways says expedia has to call and fix the name. Expedia says British Airways has to go by their confirmation and will not call to fix it unless I pay them a $25.00 reservation change fee even though I have the correct name booked!!! At this point, I give up. HELP!!! How do I get this sorted out?? The flight is Tuesday next week...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

If you'd have booked direct with British Airways, you would only have to deal with them and not Expedia.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

not helpful

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Ok, you have duplicate posted. As I suspected it's a cost issue. Just pay the 25 bucks. Did you take a screen shot or do you have any form of confirmation to prove you booked it correctly? This sort of error is normally user input. Sorry.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Is the 25 dollars cheaper than making more calls?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Well the only way that the BA booking can have the name wrongly is if the person who keyed the information in did it wrongly. That person works for Expedia, not BA, as the booking will have been entered into the BA booking system directly.

Now Expedia may say that they have simply copied what you put into their system - have you got an email or screen print from them showing that the names were correct when you made the booking with Expedia so you can prove it was their mistake?

BA itself can only get the names wrong if you make a booking over the phone and their call centre operator keys it in wrongly. Expedia won't have done this, they'll have used one of the on-line systems available to travel agencies to input the information right into BA's booking themselves.

I doubt if you've any choice but to pay what Expedia are asking and dispute it afterwards, assuming you can prove you put the names in correctly in the first place. They've got you over a barrel.

That's why post #1 is actually being helpful - it's offering advice for next time - if you are entering your own booking onto the airline's system, you know it is right, don't you.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
46,228 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Post 1 is indeed helpful. The more links there are in the chain the more places there are for it to break! This is why we always advise to keep the chain short and simple by booking direct with the airline.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Yes I have the expedia confirmation printed with the correct name and ticket number showing. I also have the app with the correct name and ticket info on my smartphone. I have used expedia many times before without issue. Yes the problem is with expedia not BA. Unfortunately they do not agree with each other on who should fix the problem. To the other point, yes paying the $25 is cheaper than more international cell phone calls. And yes booking directly with BA would have avoided the error but this is only one part of a multi leg journey and the only part on BA. This trip includes Virgin Atlantic, Iberia, Air Brussels, and BA. No other issues but this one leg.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Pay the 25 bucks, get it changed and then take the discussion, send them the documents and ask for a refund.

It's 25 bucks, it's not a life changing amount and it's really not worth losing your flight over.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,800 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Next time book direct with the airline.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,657 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I booked a flight via expedia and the airline has incorrect

Am not sure what you are asking for here since the answer is obvious. It may not be the answer you want, but it appears to be the only option that you have.