We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
32 reviews
SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Hi, I can change my exisiting SIA Economy LHR>SIN flight from a B777-300ER to an A380 for an extra $160. Is it worth worrying about or not?

Thnaks

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

The A380 is a little quieter inside and the cabin air quality is better, so you may walk off a long flight feeling slightly more human. Is that worth $160 to you and would you notice ? Personally I wouldn't bother unless you're an aviation geek. Buy some decent headphones and drink lots of water instead.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

No I definitely would not pay extra to fly in an A380. Its still just a plane and the seats in economy are no better or worse IMO.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

I certainly would.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
328 reviews
4. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

I would rather use the money to get a preferred seat with extra leg rooms which costs only US$50, if there are any available.

London
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Not worth it in economy. Save your cash.

The 777-300's are actually pretty nice.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
15,918 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Nope - not worth it. A seat is a seat - especially in Economy. I agree with Billy - spend the money on a better seat on the cheaper flight. Or on a nicer hotel room when you get to London so you can get over the trauma of not flying on the A380.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Thanks folks - appreciate your comments and advice - think i'll just leave my booking as is after all.

London
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
73 reviews
8. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

If you really want to experience an A380, you can use the Emirates simulator in North Greenwich. £45 for a half hour.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
155 reviews
9. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

Only worth it if you're travelling business or first.

10. Re: SIA SIN>LHR return - pay extra to fly A380 over 777-ER?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 09, 2015