We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

Vermont
1 post
Save Topic
Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

I came off a Qatar flight QR5577 28 hours ago my luggage got lost. Still, nobody has called and no one can tell me where it was lost or where it is now. There has been an incredible lack of communication in advising me of the status and resolving the issue. When I checked again myself multiple times since landing, there was still zero information for me. I have had to waste half a day of a short trip in New York in getting replacement clothing and still none the wiser for it. Not happy at all.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

While you may think that your luggage is lost, it is officially delayed.

This is the same with all airlines not just Qatar.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

As per above. Yes, your luggage is delayed. It is very annoying and I appreciate that.

Luckily your travel insurance will cover out of pocket expenses and 28hrs is not all that long ( But I know it feels like it)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

I know now frustrating this is, but the odds of the bag being lost are very slim. It's also not lost till 21 days.

There will be no information, because simply they don't have it yet. Many things could have got happened, it could have been loaded on the wrong plane, the tag could have got ripped off by the machinery, it could have got left behind,

Did you have a connection by any chance?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

QR5577 is a codeshare from CDG to JFK, operated by AA as AA121. Since American are the operating carrier you should be making a search for your delayed bag through their system and not QR's.

Was your origin Paris or had you made a connection on another flight from X to CDG?

5. Re: Qatar Airways luggage loss, no follow up, or calls back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 08, 2015