We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 hour Dubai stopover

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
15 hour Dubai stopover

Hello,

Me and my mom will arrive in Dubai at 23:30 on the 12 October and our departure flight will only be at 14:40 the 13 October 2014. What will be the best to do? Must I book a room at the Dubai international airport hotel (they seem a little expensive)? Also what time will check out be if I book over the internet and say we arrive on this day 12 October and our flight is a little delayed. Can someone please assist.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

Depending on which airline you are flying, you may be entitled to an hotel room.

Have you asked ?

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

We are flying with Emirates. I truly hope that's the case. I will ask them ASAP.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

emirates.com/english/…dubai-connect.aspx

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g295424-d101…

Edited: 11:49 am, August 03, 2014
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

They just replied on my mail. However we are ineligible for a free room, why I don't understand I booked directly with them and there was no other option..?.can you perhaps tell me if I book at the dubai international airport hotel do they work per hour or how must I book so that they don't tell me I must be out at 10' clock after I only arrived ar 23:30.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,306 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

The key,as in the first link in post 3, is whether you could have chosen an earlier connection. If you could,but booked the later flight perhaps to save money,you will not qualify for the foc stopover package from Emirates.

SS

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,669 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

I would just book a hotel room for the night, using one of the normal hotel booking websites, & let them know your expected arrival time. No need to stay at the airport

Edited: 12:46 pm, August 03, 2014
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

What nationality are you and do you require a visa to enter the UAE ? If not, it's a simple process to enter the country and there are plenty of cheaper hotels to choose from.

If you do need a visa then you need to decide whether the cost and hassle is worthwhile. It's a long time to spend at the airport but you could pay to enter one of the lounges for a few hours rest and spend the rest of the time eating and shopping.

There is plenty of information and assistance over on the UAE and Dubai forums,

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

We will need visas to enter Dubai. I will do the math and then decide. Thank you so much for all the info, my first time using Tripadvisor and there you where with an immediate response.

9. Re: 15 hour Dubai stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 05, 2015