We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast track security leeds Bradford

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fast track security leeds Bradford

Wondering whether its worth purchasing the fast teak security at Leeds Bradford. Has anyone travelled recently? What's the queues at security like we fly next Wednesday morning is it worth paying for I know its only £14 but is rather save that for an extra for the kids if its not really needed. :)

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,562 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

Security at LBA can sometimes be a bit of a bottleneck, especially if there are several other flights at the same time.

Only you can put a value on if it's worth it, I've used it a couple of times in the past but now I'm happy to use the normal channels - although I'm only 15 mins away from the airport and always get there in good time anyway.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

If that £14 is per person then I think it's vastly overpriced - it's only £3.50 at Manchester.

There is no guarantee that fast track will be any quicker - I would simply plan to get to the airport a bit earlier and spend the cash on something else that offered better value for money.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

It's £3.50 per head Tom four four peeps. At 14 quid a head I'd want to go through in a Lamborghini.

Edited: 2:10 pm, July 31, 2014
Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

Yea sorry there's 4 of us £3.50 each! Not flown form leeds for yrs so no idea what its like anymore :/ we fly jet2 so you can only get rid of your bags a maximum if 3 hrs before. I'm presuming there will be a lot of people dumping luggage lol. We will arrive at least 30 mins before bag drop opens.

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

In my experience it's not worth the money.

LBA is more efficient than MAN and I fly every week so I can say this with some degree of authority.

Edited: 3:27 pm, July 31, 2014
Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

Thanks JohnG we usually fly from Manchester so don't know how efficient leeds is will prob give it a miss and just go with the flow :)

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

LBA can be very busy early morning 5am-9am due to the sheer number of holiday departures.

I always get 'fast track' because of my BA Gold card but most times of the day, there is no need.

Edited: 4:32 pm, July 31, 2014
Leeds, England
Level Contributor
205 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

Jet2 bag drop is VERY efficient even at the morning peak never waited more than 15 mins. Have seen them checking which flight people are checking in for & if before the check in time pulling them to one side. The security line last year nearly went all the way back to Jet2 check in, but even then it moved very quickly & within 35 mins we were through. Three weeks ago at 5:30am on a Monday we were through security within 15 mins.

If all else fails you can buy fasttrack on the day, but it is probably not worth it.

9. Re: Fast track security leeds Bradford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 02, 2015