We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checked luggage

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Checked luggage

I will be flying from LAX Los Angles to Seattle change planes and onto Amsterdam to my final destination in Kenya. I'm checking bags. Will my luggage be tagged all the way to kenya? Will I have to go through another security check in Amsterdam? I have a 2 hour layover.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,448 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checked luggage

Yes, you will clear security in AMS. Your bags should be checked to Kenya but double check the tag when it's put on the case at your point of origin.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checked luggage

If you are on one booking, it should be checked through to your final destination.

Edited: 1:04 am, July 31, 2014
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checked luggage

Thank you for your answer. But I am not clear on clearing customs in Amsterdam. Did you mean that we will have to go through customs in Amsterdam even though it is just a 2 hour layover? We will not be leaving the airport. Thanks for any more information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checked luggage

Look for flight transfer signs and follow them. You will not need to go through customs.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,658 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checked luggage

This article what I wrote might answer your questions

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c170368/Amste…

6. Re: Checked luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 02, 2015